Surpeme Court Gay Marriage Cases....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    **** Sava, you almost made me spit coffee on my keyboard.
    better coffee than...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Studies show that the surest way to start out poor is to grow up in a broken home. So yeah. I'm an evil capitalist. I want people to get rich and well off and where they get there is by getting married and staying married.
      So you're argument is to outlaw divorce, not prohibit marriage? In fact, you should mandate marriage to actually be consistent with the positions you spout, since you are happy to use state power to prohibit marriages you dislike.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Even so, you're arguing that Jesus symbolically meant something else in that passage other than 'man' and 'woman'. While the Catholic is arguing that the words mean what they mean. Clearly you've got off the rails if the Catholic is more literal than you.
        You don't speak for all Catholics... only the worst kind.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Even so, you're arguing that Jesus symbolically meant something else in that passage other than 'man' and 'woman'. While the Catholic is arguing that the words mean what they mean. Clearly you've got off the rails if the Catholic is more literal than you.
          He's talking about man's relationship to Christ you dolt. Don't even blame the Catholics for your stupid interpretation.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You don't speak for all Catholics... only the worst kind.
            Yes - remember I pledged to obey der Panzerkardinel. Faithful Catholics really are the worst kinds. Lawful evil remember?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So you're argument is to outlaw divorce, not prohibit marriage? In fact, you should mandate marriage to actually be consistent with the positions you spout, since you are happy to use state power to prohibit marriages you dislike.
              You might have a point - but Jesus permits divorce in cases of marital infidelity. What he prohibits is remarriage. Funny thing - this is one of the strongest currents that Mennonites and Catholics share.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Of all the priests I've ever known, perhaps maybe 1 in 10 actually believes Jesus was a magical figure or the literal son of God. Faith and religion is many things, but it's not supposed to be about believing in demonstrably false nonsense. Only the retards manage to fail at religion. Sadly, there are too many of them.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You might have a point - but Jesus permits divorce in cases of marital infidelity. What he prohibits is remarriage. Funny thing - this is one of the strongest currents that Mennonites and Catholics share.
                  So you want to outlaw remarriage, naturally.

Comment

• He's talking about man's relationship to Christ you dolt.
                    No, he's not. He's talking about marriage.

Comment

Yes - remember I pledged to obey der Panzerkardinel. Faithful Catholics really are the worst kinds. Lawful evil remember?
                      You have demonstrated repeatedly that you fail to understand what faith is. You shouldn't try to aggrandize yourself by putting the word "faithful" in a self-descriptor.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Of all the priests I've ever known, perhaps maybe 1 in 10 actually believes Jesus was a magical figure or the literal son of God. Faith and religion is many things, but it's not supposed to be about believing in demonstrably false nonsense. Only the retards manage to fail at religion. Sadly, there are too many of them
                        One, I don't believe that Jesus was a magical figure. I believe that he was a real life person here on Earth, just like you or I. I also believe that he is the Son of God.

Tell you what, Sava. I'll put it up. If you can prove to me that Jesus Christ being the Son of God is demonstrably false, I will stop being a Christian.

Comment

• You shouldn't try to aggrandize yourself by putting the word "faithful" in a self-descriptor.
                          I said nothing but factual statements.

1, that I pledged to obey der Panzerkardinel.
                          2, that people on Poly believe that faithful Catholics (ie, those who obey the pope and the Catechism), are the worst kind of Catholics.

Comment

No, he's not. He's talking about marriage.
                            Just interested. Do you have evidence that other Catholics believe this?

Comment

• So you want to outlaw remarriage, naturally.
                              If you were to make either divorce or remarriage illegal - I would vote for remarriage with the caveat of a living partner.

Comment

So if you have your idyllic mother and father be fruitful and multiply marriage, and one of the parents decides to fool around on the side, divorce is permitted, thus, in your world view, condemning all those children to the poverty of a broken home, but the other spouse is prohibit from remarrying or being fruitful and multiplying? And this is rational how?

That's why "Jesus" doesn't make our laws.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X