No announcement yet.

Simcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You pull over onto the shoulder? Or are you saying your 'main thoroughfare' doesn't even have a shoulder? My ****ty residential street that's not plowed until May has enough room to pull over onto the shoulder.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I've not noticed in the game some cars try to pull off to the side, but on most urban streets there is no room to do this (in the game or real life). There's parked cars there or a sidewalk. Garbage trucks also do not pull off to the side ever, which should be patched.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Now that I've finished the Tomb Raider reboot, should I try Sim City 5? For those who have actually played it, recommendations?
        It is unplayable right now due to server issues. Maybe in a week try it out. When everything's working well, coordinated region play is fun (with people or solo). Then again apparently I am strange for liking SC5's leaderboards and competitive challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
          Then again apparently I am strange for liking SC5's leaderboards and competitive challenges.
          Speaking of...
          Electronic Arts Disables "Non-Critical" SimCity Features

Glorious.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I don't think you're strange for liking those, I just don't personally. Different people play for different reasons. It's like Madden or whatever - I don't care about MP play or online leaderboards, because I play to simulate the team and the front office stuff and just to enjoy the simulation of being good at sports. I'm not a really competitive gamer, except in strategy games. Whatever works for you I just think SimCity is a game that needs to acknowledge the vast number of people who play non-competitively (but not totally sandbox either - in the middle).

Comment

• I am also fascinated that (unconfirmed) a beta crack is already functional.

Comment

• ... and that is why DRM that drives away customers is idiotic. There will always be more people working on cracking it than working on building it.

Comment

• I won't buy EA published games because they are so full of bull****.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                    ... and that is why DRM that drives away customers is idiotic. There will always be more people working on cracking it than working on building it.
                    Not sure about this. They are making so many changes server side constantly that any crack would end up being Diablo III style - modded, crappy servers.

Comment

• ... as opposed to what they have now - unmodded crappy servers?

Comment

• EA should really be firing the server squad right about now. People are losing cities in addition to not being able to access their games -- going on 48+ hours.

Comment

• Thing is, it's not that unexpected or unusual compared to other similar releases. I think they're just assuming people are trained to accept this as normal now.

Comment

• The only game with a similar issue was Diablo III.

Comment

• EA games often have problems at launch. Not on this scale, but it's not uncommon for a Tiger Woods or Madden or whatever to have problems on launch week.

Comment

• It almost seems like requiring always-online DRM for a traditionally single-player game is a suboptimal decision.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X