Kansas based Catholic newspaper comes out in supprt of women priests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Yeah, sure. But if they've taken and hormones and such and reached the point where you simply wouldn't know they were born with a penis unless they told you, it's silly to insist on calling them a man.
    If you have a Y chromosome you are a man. No amount of horrific surgery can change the presence of a Y chromosome.

Comment

Why do you care? If it makes people feel more comfortable in their own bodies then what difference does it make to anyone else?

Comment

I think he cares because some people expect us to be respectful towards something that is fairly ridiculous and biologically nonsense.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

To be clear, I don't have a problem with sex change surgery, just like I don't have a problem with tattoos or body piercings. I think they are incredibly gross and have a negative view of the judgement of those who get them, but so long as no one is strapping me to a table and making ME get one I don't care. What does bother me is the expansion of political correctness to include not being allowed to voice my opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            Why do you care? If it makes people feel more comfortable in their own bodies then what difference does it make to anyone else?
            Because some people expect everyone not to discriminate against someone who is so screwed up that he actually wants to get his sex changed.

Comment

It's more a question of why you'd feel a burning desire to denegrate other people who are clearly just trying to feel better about themselves as people.

Comment

Encouraging mutilation as a response to mental difficulties is not helping them.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Encouraging mutilation as a response to mental difficulties is not helping them.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Isn't that for them to decide? Isn't it fairly clear that they don't feel particularly 'mutilated' by the operation?

Comment

If you want to chop your dick off, go right ahead, that's your right. But it's my right to say that you're ****ing weird.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

As nice as the idea of losing a few stone overnight would be, I'll pass thanks. I'm still a bit fuzzy on why mocking other people for this stuff is so important to you guys though. What happened to manners and respect? /oldperson

Comment

We're just railing against the PC police who insist on our throwing the T in with LGB.

Comment

Well, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              I think he cares because some people expect us to be respectful towards something that is fairly ridiculous and biologically nonsense.
                              You call people 'bigots' whenever they criticize Mormons and you're pulling this crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                We're just railing against the PC police who insist on our throwing the T in with LGB.
                                Because you can't see the similarity between yourself and people that consider homosexuality a mental illness?

Comment

Working...
                                X