Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Slowwy! You should be proud of your daughter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    So how did you extricate yourself from that situation?
    Through a mix of timely arrival of the police and extremely good fortune.

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
    Considering this is what Ben explicitly said, yes. I will trust the author's claim of intent for the passage as opposed to some hate addled interpretation of his motive.
    Like you were ever going to do otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Then with all due respect you're being an idiot. She did kill him, and trying to minimize the importance of that is a terrible mistake.
      No. You're being the idiot. I'm not minimizing anything. I'm being realistic. You're the one making this out to be something that it's not.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Like you were ever going to do otherwise.
        True always been against the haters.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Kentonio, I've been a victim of a home invasion once myself and I didn't have a gun at the time. It also wasn't two men (just one punk), and he wasn't in the house yet. I am glad that she was far more prepared then I was, and so had more options available. That one of the men died from the shooting wounds - is a consequence of his decision to break into the house.
          Thieves deserve to die.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You break into a home in Texas, you should be the recipient of a Darwin award.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Extra-judicial.

That isn't the same as illegal, as in this case the woman wasn't actually breaking any laws, yet by killing the intruder that person was not judged by the normal processes of the justice system.

Pretty much meaningless the way you are using it.

Even police shootings of rampaging madmen would be 'extra-judicial' as it is unlikely a court would be involved in the process.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• He's just desperate to offer excuses from the criminal viewpoint.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  He's just desperate to offer excuses from the criminal viewpoint.

Actually, I see him as being desperate to project his values and beliefs as the only legitimate ones.

There are huge differences between the cultures of Canada, Britain, and the US when it comes to guns and self-defence. Acting as if the British view is the only correct one is something I'd expect from a Brit a long time ago.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You break into a home in Texas, you should be the recipient of a Darwin award.
                    Yes, you think thieves deserve to die, I established this.
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Yes, you think thieves deserve to die, I established this.
                      You're essentially putting your life into the hands of whomever you've broken into not knowing who they are or how many guns they likely own. Not a terribly bright decision.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You're essentially putting your life into the hands of whomever you've broken into not knowing who they are or how many guns they likely own. Not a terribly bright decision.
                        Poor decisions should be punished with death.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          There is just a cultural difference here.

In the UK someone who owns and trains with a gun for self defence would be seen as abnormal, and it does have negative connotations. The idea they are taking a vigilante mindset (with the associated negative connotations) makes more sense.

In much of the US it's seen (and is) much more normal so that really doesn't make sense.

Either way as kentonio said he regrets his choice of words I'm not sure why you are all still going on about it.
                          I thought that the right to life and self defense was a universal value.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            Thieves deserve to die.
                            The woman should have just asked the two thieves kindly, if their intent was to rape and/or kill her, and then take their word for it, if the two thieves politely replied, "Why no, we would never do that to you."
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Poor decisions should be punished with death.
                              Sometimes, that's the result, yes.

Comment

• vigilantism is pro-active, she was at home defending herself

if god told me to kill someone, I'd ask why - if I dont like the answer, I aint killing anyone

Comment

Working...
                                X