No announcement yet.

Palin v Clinton for 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Why do you think it took her so damn long to realize she couldn't beat Obama in the primaries? It's not rocket science, gribbler.
      The primaries were unusually close that year. It was not at all obvious who would win.

Comment

Why do you think it took her so damn long to realize she couldn't beat Obama in the primaries? It's not rocket science, gribbler.
        There's a pretty big and obvious difference between making a decision like that when you're in the midst of the campaign versus the situation now.

Clinton will be 69 in 2016. By all accounts, she hated campaigning in 2008 and has no desire to do that sort of thing ever again. There are no reports of her saying anything except that she won't run again.

People were saying the same thing you are about Al Gore after 2000, in spite of the fact that he repeated he had no intention of running again. And in 2004 he made no move, despite being the obvious front runner, as Democrats widely believed he'd been cheated out of the Presidency and could make a Jacksonian comeback.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          It wouldn't matter. If the economy is doing well and Obama is viewed well, Biden would win.
          Or Biden just wins the popular vote but loses the electoral college because Florida's stupid electoral process caused some of Biden's votes to not get counted.

Comment

Your political prognostication abilities have been proving lacking as of late, now haven't they?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

By 2004 Gore was a punchline, not a front runner.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I would totally make an avatar bet about Hillary not running.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Or Biden just wins the popular vote but loses the electoral college because Florida's stupid electoral process caused some of Biden's votes to not get counted.
                  I doubt the public will be suffering some sort of fatigue at an Obama sex scandal that would compel Biden to distance himself from the president during the election.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    The social stuff was extremely important to many female voters. Just because the Romney campaign kept saying 'that's not what this election is about' does not make it so.

As for the republicans having a 'popular economic' platform, why the hell do you think Obama just won? Raise defence spending while slashing healthcare and social programs as deeply as possible? Seriously, that's a popular platform?

These are Yanks. They do not like the tea.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      By 2004 Gore was a punchline, not a front runner.

Believe me, I was in on the 2004 primary wars, and the Democratic base was very eager for Gore to run. It was a big disappointed when he reiterated he was out (and even then some believed he'd still jump in).

I like how you talk about about a period when you were what, 9 years old, as if you know what the hell you're talking about.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The thing the GOP seems incapable of comprehending is this: Fiscal responsibility is the big tent. People can get behind it, especially if the economy remains tepid under Obama.
                        We've done that twice now, and this has been proven to be false.

all the miserable single-issue voters (prolife hardcores, hetero-only marriage, gun lovers, whatever) who hate him/her in the primaries would fall in line in the general
                        Also proven to be false. Enough of them stayed home both in 2008 and in 2012. In 2008, they would have lost anyways, but this year, they cost Romney the election. Turnout was 62 million in 2004. It's possible that we've see the high point of republican turnout for the foreseeable future by Bush.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Then good riddence to bad rubbish.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• White, Hard-social conservative, social conservative, Hard-economic conservative, economic conservative.

I think the Republicans will have to lose at least 1 (possibly 2) to have a good chance in a strong economy.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Although I don't think the position, abortion is wrong but legally I am OK with it, is a Hard conservative position. Nor do I think that position is defensible.

JM
                              Last edited by Jon Miller; November 8, 2012, 08:59.
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I think the Republicans will have to lose at least 1 (possibly 2) to have a good chance in a strong economy.
                                They just did that twice and lost. Neither McCain nor Romney were strong economic or social conservatives.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X