No announcement yet.

The Official 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a LINE at the ammo shop today in East Rochester.

Comment

• Don't put so much faith in Romney, or in any man or woman. She should be able to put her faith in me, but who she really needs to put her faith in is God. I'll do my best to never let her down again in my life, but God most definitely won't let her down. Keep the faith. Ya gotta believe.
      Aww. Dad of the year.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I also want to point out that Ben's claim that the had such a great year financially in 2008 is especially interesting and/or disingenuous in light of the fact that he lived in Canada at the time.
        Why is it disingenuous?

It was my first full year of working after graduating in 2007. I'd always split time between work and school. I started the year working as a consultant with a friend of mine, and ended the year working for the health food store after they specifically requested me (being a good friend of boss number 1). I was paid well as a consultant and paid well at the health food store, and I was full time in both of them.

Then Obama won and my father passed on 1 month later. My contract was up, so I just let it drop and spent time with my family and my close friends (who know who they are). The local economy (which wasn't great to begin with), went in the crapper and I had a hard time finding work.

So I left in the summer of 2010 after waiting a year at my mother's request not to move and at the marriage of my best childhood friend and I've been in the states since.

Starting from scratch in TX sucked, but I bought a car, went on vacation, etc, lived a normal life before Obama. And since then my life has and will never be the same.

I would like to have another 9 months like that again - I missed 2008. It was a great year for me financially. 2007 was another great year for me personally with my graduation. 2005 is the best year of my life. Second best was probably 1999 - my senior year and first year away at university.

This year sucked donkeyballs. 2012 can kiss my ass. I will say, that my situation down here is better, much better than when I first came down, and there have been some really positive things since June or so that have came into my life. So I will be fair. I do hope that 2013 continues the trend of odd years rocking while even years sucking.

And it should be pointed out, there are totally legitimate medical uses for birth control pills that have nothing to do with preventing conception.
        JR, it's just Catholic doctrine. Nothing more or less. Catholics are opposed to the use of contraception as birth control and Obamacare doesn't make that fine usage distinction. I don't expect people who aren't Catholics to understand, the whys and wherefores - it's ultimately a religious liberty issue.
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 7, 2012, 17:24.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          There was a LINE at the ammo shop today in East Rochester.
          What a fine sampling of humanity they must have been.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The clientele present certainly weren't a poor sampling of humanity. Pretty much ordinary people.

Comment

• Ordinary people don't stockpile ammo.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Ordinary people who see prices of ammo rising will buy their ammo now and try to get in before prices rise too much. Ordinary people who think that they might not be able to get certain types of ammo in the future will buy it now. Ordinary people who use ammo and want to get it at lower cost will buy lots of ammo at once.

In the United States gun owners are ordinary people. Lots of people own guns. Something like half of all families have guns in the home.

Comment

In the United States gun owners are ordinary people. Lots of people own guns. Something like half of all families have guns in the home.
                  Those are not normal people.

They're normal relative to other Americans. I was going to say that, but I didn't want to be...rude.

Americans can be good people. Just not the type of people who stockpile ammo 'cause one of the darkies got re-elected.

Comment

• So it's bad to buy ammo because the price of ammo is likely to rise? That's just good sense.

There is nothing "abnormal" about having a hobby. You are very judgmental.

Comment

• The word is bigotted reg. Haters gonna hate.

Comment

• Would you just stop posting please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Those are not normal people.

They're normal relative to other Americans. I was going to say that, but I didn't want to be...rude.

Americans can be good people. Just not the type of people who stockpile ammo 'cause one of the darkies got re-elected.
                          Oh, Asher didn't want to be rude. That's plausible.

Despite this he accuses people who anticipate shortages to be racists. I wonder how he feels about people who keep extra canned food around.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Let's be clear here by the way and imagine that the person who was elected was Condoleeza Rice. They would not be stockpiling ammo. Asher is one of those complete morons who can't distinguish between opposition to someone and personal bigotry.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              Let's be clear here by the way and imagine that the person who was elected was Condoleeza Rice. They would not be stockpiling ammo. Asher is one of those complete morons who can't distinguish between opposition to someone and personal bigotry.
                              You just say that because you hate gay people.

If you disagreed with Israel's policies I'd call you an anti-semite, too.

Comment

So it's bad to buy ammo because the price of ammo is likely to rise? That's just good sense.

There is nothing "abnormal" about having a hobby. You are very judgmental.
                                Sure there is. Your hobby could be stalking women from afar, owning firearms, collecting women's underwear, or drinking your own urine.

None of these things are "bad" per se, but they're certainly creepy and definitely abnormal. And I don't care if half of American men collect women's underwear, it's still abnormal.

Taking delight and joy out of killing things is creepy. No arguments can be made otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X