No announcement yet.

The Official 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when I thought you couldn't make dumber posts. Since you can be dirt poor, its not forcing you to pay for anything!
    You sure can avoid income tax by not making enough. Again - Obamacare doesn't permit people to opt out. That is the problem.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Actually, from what I understand Catholics in Germany direct their taxes to the Church, not to the state, and are exempt from paying for abortion and contraception.
      Uhm nope?
      There are church taxes, which members of the church pay, but they are in addition to their regular taxes.
      Aside from this it is mandatory that every german citizen has a health insurance (either private or national, you can choose which one).
      You can decide for yourself if you have a contract with a national health insurance company (which is subsidized by the state and has to take all people) or a private company (which, more or less, can make their own rules as to which people they take as members and what their contract conditions are).
      I am sure, if the catholic church in germany would see a big problem with the "sponsoring of abortion" they could open their own private health insurance agency which doesn´t pay any money for abortions and make it mandatory for all church employees, to get their health insurance from this one (instead of the national health insurance agencies)
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Hrm?
        You've sent me two in the last ten minutes. Can you imagine how many other former moderators you bother every time you think someone is being mean to you?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I am sure, if the catholic church in germany would see a problem with the "sponsoring of abortion" they could open their own private health insurance agency which doesn´t pay any money for abortions and make it mandatory for all church employees, to get their health insurance from this one (instead of the national health insurance agencies)
          Which is what they do. Obamacare doesn't permit the option of the Catholic church setting up their own private health care.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You've sent me two in the last ten minutes. Can you imagine how many other former moderators you bother every time you think someone is being mean to you?
            The last email I've sent anybody was at midnight. I've sent 9 emails this month, total.

Comment

• Are you mashing the "report this post to moderators" button?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Index shares pay dividends? Since when?
                WTF does this even mean? The companies who make up the DJIA certainly do pay dividends. If you buy an index fund it will take the dividends paid by the companies it invests in and reinvest which means the DJIA is not a reflection of the full returns on investment because it's just an aggregation of stock prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Are you mashing the "report this post to moderators" button?
                  Yes, he does it with some frequency. I think it might be some sort of epileptic fit.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You sure can avoid income tax by not making enough. Again - Obamacare doesn't permit people to opt out. That is the problem.
                    Who cares? Governments aren't a dim sum restaurant.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• WTF does this even mean? The companies who make up the DJIA certainly do pay dividends. If you buy an index fund it will take the dividends paid by the companies it invests in and reinvest which means the DJIA is not a reflection of the full returns on investment because it's just an aggregation of stock prices.
                      Hence my statement, if you invested in index funds since 2000, you've actually lost money.

Comment

• Yes, he does it with some frequency. I think it might be some sort of epileptic fit.
                        Well, it's not me, sorry.

Comment

Hence my statement, if you invested in index funds since 2000, you've actually lost money.
                          You're a ****ing idiot.

You arbitrarily point to a high point.

Last edited by MRT144; November 7, 2012, 15:16.
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                            $9,300 in 2008 and $19,289 in 2012.

Note it started at $10,000 when Bush took office. When he left, $9,300.

It then more than doubled under Obama.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• You're a ****ing idiot.
                              Fine then, if you've invested in a DOW JONES index fund since 2000, you've actually lost money in the last 12 years. Other funds, YMMV.

Comment

Fine then, if you've invested in a DOW JONES index fund since 2000, you've actually lost money in the last 12 years. Other funds, YMMV.
                                WHY WOULD I INVEST IN A PRICE WEIGHTED INDEX!

Comment

Working...
                                X