The Official 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this even mean?
    Son, if'n you don't understand it you'd best walk away.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Didn't happen in his first term. Unless Obama actually has some new policies, it's going to actually get worse. The interest rates are going to rise - eventually. The first few blocks have gradually been removed, step by step by step.
      The sooner interest rates rise the better

Comment

Son, if'n you don't understand it you'd best walk away.
        Can you explain what "record inflation adjusted high in the DOW" means? I can't parse what you're trying to say. Do you know how inflation is measured?
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Can you explain what "record inflation adjusted high in the DOW" means? I can't parse what you're trying to say. Do you know how inflation is measured?
          Record inflation adjusted Dow was back in 2000 before the dot com bubble burst. If you bought index shares back in 2000, you've actually lost money in the intervening 12 years. That's the true measure of economic growth. Obama's yet to reach Bush's 2007 high let alone the record high from 2000.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            However, I have yet to find an example that disproves this.

Hi.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Maybe for you - not for me. I was better off 4 years ago than I am now. Before Obama I was making really good money. Had my best year ever in 2008.
              Yeah, I bet Obama's plan to hire 100,000 more teachers will really hurt teachers like yourself.

You would certainly make more money under Romney, who was basically saying teachers get paid too much and should be fired more.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• So the dot com bubble was economic growth?
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Yeah, I bet Obama's plan to hire 100,000 more teachers will really hurt teachers like yourself.
                  Private sector jobs?

Actually, Obama's policy of 30 hours before you have to pay for Obamacare is costing me hours. So, yes, I would be better off if Obamacare were eliminated.

You would certainly make more money under Romney, who was basically saying teachers get paid too much and should be fired more.
                  Eliminating Obamacare would restore status quo. I'd have more hours and I'd have more pay. As it is my boss is juggling everyone's hours. You're right however, that yes, Romney had nothing to offer me on the job front. But he was still better than Obama.

Comment

Private sector jobs?

Actually, Obama's policy of 30 hours before you have to pay for Obamacare is costing me hours. So, yes, I would be better off if Obamacare were eliminated.
                    Actually, your private sector employer is costing you hours.

If you were any good, they wouldn't hesitate to do what is necessary.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Actually, your private sector employer is costing you hours.
                      My contract has a conscience clause indicating that I will not act contrary to the teachings of the Catholic church while in performance of my duties. That includes paying for abortion or contraception. Thanks to Obama, that means my hours cap has dropped.

If you were any good, they wouldn't hesitate to do what is necessary.
                      You have no idea what my job entails. Which is par for the course.

Comment

If you bought index shares back in 2000, you've actually lost money in the intervening 12 years.
                        I guess if you take the money from dividends and throw it away that's true.

Comment

• I guess if you take the money from dividends and throw it away that's true.
                          Index shares pay dividends? Since when?

Comment

My contract has a conscience clause indicating that I will not act contrary to the teachings of the Catholic church while in performance of my duties. That includes paying for abortion or contraception. Thanks to Obama, that means my hours cap has dropped.
                            Nope. That's your private sector employer screwing you over.

Maybe you would do better to find someone compassionate as an employer. Clearly Christians are no good for that.

You have no idea what my job entails. Which is par for the course.
                            I don't want to know. I do know you're not good enough to be a public teacher.

Comment

Record inflation adjusted Dow was back in 2000 before the dot com bubble burst. If you bought index shares back in 2000, you've actually lost money in the intervening 12 years. That's the true measure of economic growth. Obama's yet to reach Bush's 2007 high let alone the record high from 2000.
                              Lmao, ah yes, the price weighted index of 30 companies is surely the best way to track inflation.

Extra LOLS for mentioning high level benchmarks for the index. It's like you don't want to admit that there were reasons for the highs that caused the lows.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Does your employer define that Obamacare is against the teachings of the catholic church?
                                If yes, then still, it is your employer that costs you hours.

In germany the catholic church doesn´t have any problems with people (even those directly working for the church) being in the national health insurance (and I can assure you that our national health insurances also pay for abortions (after a mandatory counseling session in which alternatives are proposed))
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X