No announcement yet.

The Official 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's inevitable victory was already priced in before yesterday, so it probably has something to do with the Republicans keeping the House.
    Oh, so when he pusses out on Amnesty that will be his excuse?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Republicans are pretty opposed to working with him on anything.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I see you enjoy Pyrrhic childish victories in life.
        I was very sad in March, yes. But now I'm ok with Obama's great depression extending another 4 years.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

He won't need an excuse because he never promised or suggested it. Of course, not getting the DREAM Act passed will be a shame.

Comment

• When are Republicans going to realise this is obviously what God wanted.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I was very sad in March, yes. But now I'm ok with Obama's great depression extending another 4 years.
              Eh, things will likely be better at the end of 4 years than they are right now.
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Republicans are pretty opposed to working with him on anything.
                Where's the arrogance of last night? Faded awful quick. I guess Obama's one of those love 'em and leave 'em folks and you're waking up from the morning after. We all know what a letdown your first time is.

Comment

• Eh, things will likely be better at the end of 4 years than they are right now.
                  Didn't happen in his first term. Unless Obama actually has some new policies, it's going to actually get worse. The interest rates are going to rise - eventually. The first few blocks have gradually been removed, step by step by step.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    Eh, things will likely be better at the end of 4 years than they are right now.
                    They are better now than they were 4 years ago, after all .

Obamacare
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• They are better now than they were 4 years ago, after all
                      Maybe for you - not for me. I was better off 4 years ago than I am now. Before Obama I was making really good money. Had my best year ever in 2008.

Comment

Maybe for you - not for me. I was better off 4 years ago than I am now. Before Obama I was making really good money. Had my best year ever in 2008.
                        I'm going to need a personal history of your job from the past 5 years.

Comment

Didn't happen in his first term. Unless Obama actually has some new policies, it's going to actually get worse. The interest rates are going to rise - eventually. The first few blocks have gradually been removed, step by step by step.
                          Bet. If things are worse by any conventional metric such as unemployment rates, GDP, etc etc I will stop making you look like an idiot. If they are better you need to stop posting here.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            I actually just popped online to see all those conservative pundits and Polytubbies offering their congrats and apologies to Nate Silver today...
                            If anything Nate Silver has a Republican bias. Compare his Senate predictions to what actually happened.

Comment

• Bet. If things are worse by any conventional metric such as unemployment rates, GDP, etc etc I will stop making you look like an idiot. If they are better you need to stop posting here.
                              Right, you need to make the bet fair.

I'll make this bet with you.

If Obama sees a record inflation adjusted high in the DOW over his second term, I will leave Poly until he leaves office. If he doesn't you sit out the next four years.

Comment

Right, you need to make the bet fair.

I'll make this bet with you.

If Obama sees a record inflation adjusted high in the DOW over his second term, I will leave Poly until he leaves office. If he doesn't you sit out the next four years.
                                What does this even mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X