Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guynemer
    replied
    Okay, so I understand it:

    No celeb can be used for more than one daily double (or hat trick, etc) for a single player, but a celeb can be used for both a DD and a HT and even a GS too.

    Example: Four celebs die on the same day = 2 daily doubles, a hat trick, and a grand slam

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    We had a similar question not long ago. My ruling:

    You can claim as many daily doubles and weekly triples as you can muster (without reusing a celeb on each - a double celeb can play into a triple) but only one grand slam per month regardless of the extent of the carnage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    That actually raises a question. Now, the odds of this are slim to none, but...

    can a daily double overlap with another daily double? If you had three go on the same day, would you get a DD for #1 & #2, and another for #2 & #3, and yet another for #1 & #3? Same question regarding hat trick and grand slam; if I had one go on the 1st, the 4th, and the 7th; I'd get a HT. If I then had one go on the 9th, would I get another HT?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    No, not yet. I had a daily double (M Jackson and F Fawcett).

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Have we ever had a 'hat trick'?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    holy ****!

    I think this is the first time I've ever been in first place; two in a week. Took me nearly all year last year to get two.
    I was in first place for all of two days.

    The fame and glory was nice while it lasted.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    RIP, Etta James.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    BRAGGART!

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    holy ****!

    I think this is the first time I've ever been in first place; two in a week. Took me nearly all year last year to get two.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Joe Paterno was 85 and a choice of two players.

    Guynemer (3) = (171 - 3) + (100 - 85) = 183 points

    SlowwHand (8) - 178 points.


    Guynemer takes the lead and sets himself up for future bonus points.
    Last edited by Wezil; January 22, 2012, 20:02.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Well, that was quick.

    State College, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Joe Paterno, whose tenure as the most successful coach in major college football history ended abruptly in November amid allegations that he failed to respond forcefully enough to a sex abuse scandal involving a former assistant, died Sunday, a family spokesman said. He was 85.


    Joe Paterno, the legendary former coach at Penn State, died Sunday, his family said. He was 85.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Who?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    I've never heard of this person. She deserves to be outlawed because of that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    His sons are refuting the death rumors but it does sound like Paterno took a turn for the worse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    Reports of Joe Paterno's death surface, but there are some denials as well.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X