Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guynemer
    replied
    I'm more than a little disappointed that my superfecta four-play of the the oldest living Academy Award winner, Nobelist, current-or-former Congressman, and Baseball Hall of Famer turned up ****-all last year.

    So, naturally, I'm going double or nothing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    Nobody outsiders complained so far about this pool that it is tasteless
    We've come a long way. I think seeing what the DP is actually about over the past few years has tempered some attitudes.

    It's as tasteful as tasteless can be.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    I'm oddly comforted.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    **** this ****! Tasteless bastards all of us!

    Leave a comment:


  • Robert
    replied
    Nobody outsiders complained so far about this pool that it is tasteless
    That takes a bit of the fun away. Can someone please whine at least a tad bit?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Zombie picks would be awesome points.

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    If my #10 pick, Tom Baker regenerates post-mortem, does he still count?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Plato (Plato’s Legio Mortis)

    4. *Abe Vigoda




    Abe has been a Dead Pool pick for the past 30 years.

    There's a reason no one else picked him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    Guilty!

    Had to start somewhere though, right?
    Learn from the masters Grasshopper.

    Leave a comment:


  • PLATO
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    New players often make the mistake of picking a celeb because the celeb is old.

    Guilty!

    Had to start somewhere though, right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hauldren Collider
    replied
    Ariel Sharon is dead for all intents and purposes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Robert
    replied
    Hurray! Thanks Wezil!
    I'm looking forward to another year.

    I suddenly realise that I forgot to check my list against Ming's list....

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Some phrases associated with Ariel Sharon (wiki) --

    persistent vegetative state
    second stroke
    cerebral hemorrhage
    heart infection
    pneumonia
    14-hour operation
    ventilator
    necrotic large intestine
    paralysis in lower body
    lengthy coma
    tracheotomy

    This has been going on since his second massive stroke, which was in January 2006. They just won't let him die, so I took him off my list.

    Leave a comment:


  • OneFootInTheGrave
    replied
    Links to previous years, if you want to spend some time researching history

    2008:
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.Sub-forums: <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=305">Sports Forum</a>, <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=322">Technology Forum</a>

    2009:
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.Sub-forums: <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=305">Sports Forum</a>, <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=322">Technology Forum</a>

    2010: (hard to find for some reason)
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.Sub-forums: <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=305">Sports Forum</a>, <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=322">Technology Forum</a>

    2011:
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.Sub-forums: <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=305">Sports Forum</a>, <a href="forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=322">Technology Forum</a>


    one interesting tidbit - Ariel Sharon - he is still alive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Mayan's Choice Award

    Could we have a "Mayan's Choice" award this year to commemorate the end of time?

    I think that any celebrity that dies on December 21, 2012 should receive double points.
    Maybe the Mayans weren't predicting the end of the word, but suggesting the world wouldn't be worth living in without [insert celebrity here].

    Any thoughts?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X