Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tuberski
    replied
    If they have to use all unique picks, just treat their picks as normal pickis, they don't get the unique bonus.

    ACK!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    I vote yes but I'm still pissed it's been a week and no one has kicked the bucket yet. I bet Margret Thatcher is going to live to be 120 just to spite me.
    We've never had a hit in the first week.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    I'd like to see something to protect the on-time players from getting screwed by events in the news Jan. 1-15, which conceivably could create easy and unique picks for a savvy latecomer. Maybe their required unique picks don't get the unique pick +25 bonus?

    I know it's a potential scoring hassle, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    I am leaning toward some sort of penalty as I don't want late submissions to be a default option.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    Aye

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    I vote yes but I'm still pissed it's been a week and no one has kicked the bucket yet. I bet Margret Thatcher is going to live to be 120 just to spite me.

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    embalmer missed out as well (power outage).

    You guys shouldn't leave things so late.
    Precisely. Thus, I think two weeks is excessive. A week should be more than enough to cover all but the most adverse of circumstances.

    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    I'd like to see something to protect the on-time players from getting screwed by events in the news Jan. 1-15, which conceivably could create easy and unique picks for a savvy latecomer. Maybe their required unique picks don't get the unique pick +25 bonus?

    I know it's a potential scoring hassle, but thought I'd throw it out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tuberski
    replied
    They don't need to be unique to each others lists, I assume? I mean if Ozzy and embalmer pick the same person, it's okay. I even think they should, if they wanted, be able to pick any non-unique pick from other lists.


    Aye.

    ACK!

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    I'd like to see something to protect the on-time players from getting screwed by events in the news Jan. 1-15, which conceivably could create easy and unique picks for a savvy latecomer. Maybe their required unique picks don't get the unique pick +25 bonus?

    I know it's a potential scoring hassle, but thought I'd throw it out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Let 'em in, hell. They can take my picks, if they want. It would be a stupid thing to do, but hey...

    Leave a comment:


  • Krill
    replied
    The unique picks are the penalty...

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    I'll vote yes, however...

    I'd also like to see a small late penalty (maybe '-25' points).

    Leave a comment:


  • Krill
    replied
    Aye.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Proposed rule change:

    4. This list is to be sent by Private Message to Wezil for eligibility verification. DO NOT post your list in the thread. I will post the lists of all players at the start of the game in January. This prevents others from “poaching” your good picks. Only "late submissions" (see below) will be accepted after 31st December 2011.
    a) Late submissions will be accepted until January 15, 2012 under the following conditions:
    i) New players must submit a list of 20 unique (not picked in 2012) celebrities.
    ii) Returning players may submit their old team with unique picks filling any openings created by 2011 deaths. New picks are added to the bottom of the player's Rank List.


    We have 20 players.

    Do we have 11 in support?

    I vote yes for 1.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    I like this...
    Second.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krill
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Not bad, I can work with that.

    Rank order?

    New unique picks to fill the "holes" on the roster or move all former picks up and add unique picks at the bottom?
    New picks at the bottom. But I think that new rule improves the game

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X