Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wezil
    replied
    You're good with quality just a little slow on deadlines.

    Leave a comment:


  • embalmer42
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words - I don't go all out on everything, but when I do, I try to give it my all. I was a bit disappointed that I missed the original deadline as I had changed some of my picks to better suit the verses (Zsa Zsa Gabor was #20, but luckily Axel Rose does just as well I think) but as it was I think I only redid three verses to fit my old picks so it wasn't that bad (I'm not quite sure how I failed to identify Tommy Hunter though ).

    And thanks to everyone for extending the deadline so I could play this year

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava View Post
    anyone pick heather locklear yet?
    No, but she would probably be a good one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sava
    replied
    anyone pick heather locklear yet?

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest that you go ahead and award embalmer some style points anyway. An even 20, one for each verse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    As for Wezil, I blame you that no celebrities are dying yet.
    I thought you would appreciate the courtesy of our celebrity contestants in waiting until late submissions were in before playing their role.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    I don't like saying nice things about people because I'm afraid it will make the chicks think I'm not tough, but very good work embalmer.

    As for Wezil, I blame you that no celebrities are dying yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Now all we need is someone to die.
    Just back from a funeral. No one famous.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    If there were bonus points for style embalmer would be all over them.

    Tommy Hunter is #18 for those who were wondering.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Lord love a duck. embalmer has to put more work into this than anyone else puts into anything else.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by embalmer42 View Post
    I have submitted my list - hope you got it
    I did. You can't change the order but Tim Curry will be added in the the #20 spot.

    Originally posted by embalmer42 View Post
    Twenty little celebrities flying together in the skies
    All of them having fun, sure that none of them would die
    W. Axel Rose slapped someone for not treating him like a star
    The Grim Reaper slapped him back instead, now he's just ashes in a jar

    Nineteen little celebrities enjoying lying in the sun
    After working so hard all they wanted was to have a little fun
    Sonny Barger went to a concession stand where occurred a frightful scene
    Sonny stepped in a rat trap, and then they were just eighteen

    Eighteen Little celebrities went in a music store
    Most quickly got bored and left, but one needed to see much more
    Seeing all those guitars reminded him of the Canadian star he'd been
    When a guitar string snapped and decapitated him - now they numbered seventeen

    Seventeen little celebrities all gathered for a speech
    One of them stood up, they all knew how he liked to preach
    Fidel Castro opened his mouth, his skin the colour of green
    A bolt of lightning laid him flat, suddenly they were sixteen

    Sixteen little celebrities deciding to take a nap
    Two of them wanted the same bed and soon got into a scrap
    Fists were thrown, curses were uttered, though one was not so keen
    When all was over, Queen Elizabeth II was still, and so they were fifteen

    Fifteen little celebrities went strolling in a cave
    They'd packed a picnic lunch because all of them were so very brave
    One went missing and so the others looked because he'd never been very mean
    But no sign of Gordon Lightfoot could be found, which brought them to fourteen

    Fourteen little celebrities going out upon the town
    Spending lots of money and spreading it around
    One entered a bar and did not leave, though the others did not miss him so
    No tears were shed, it was said, when George H. W. Bush was next to go

    Thirteen little celebrities getting dressed up for a dance
    Only the biggest stars were invited, it was no time to take a chance
    Making sure that everything was perfect caused one of them too much stress
    Nancy Reagan failed to make the party, and so they were one less

    Twelve little celebrities all jumping from a plane
    Parachutes were on the back of each, they weren't quite that insane
    All worked fine except for one - much to their dismay
    Destiny had picked Warren Buffet for this, his Judgement Day

    Eleven little celebrities taking party in a reality show
    Three locked themselves in a room as they got ready to do some blow
    One got much too greedy as he looked upon the white stuff
    Jake "The Snake" Roberts did not stop, until his body said "Enough!"

    Ten little celebrities trying to figure out where to eat
    They wanted to fill themselves with good food at prices that couldn't be beat
    Their orders had just arrived and they had just begin to dine
    But the food on Neil Simon's plate was off, and they were reduced to nine

    Nine little celebrities going out to hunt some ducks
    They're sure they will get a bunch, if they have a little luck
    One turns to the other, asking about karma and fate
    So distracted, Jean Chretin shoots himself, bringing their number to eight

    Eight little celebrities walking through a haunted house
    One becomes separated from the rest, because of a fearsome mouse
    She thinks she has found the way out, when she sees a door marked "Heaven"
    It's the last step for Anne Rice, and now their number is seven

    Seven little celebrities getting ready to celebrate the New Year
    Most hope the coming days will not be filled with fear
    But one of them has an evil mind, she knows all the dirty tricks
    Sue Grafton chokes on a tampered noise-maker, and then there were just six

    Six little celebrities seeing a movie about outer space
    And all the rocks that floated there - it was a busy place
    When they were walking home a meteor was seen - but not all of them saw it dive
    Neil Armstrong was looking the other way when it took off his head - which is how they became the five

    Five little celebrities playing a game of truth or dare
    Things were going fine until it was time for one of them to share
    Tom Wolfe refused to speak the truth saying he would not play no more
    When a chandelier fell on top of him, making a group of four

    Four little celebrities taking a skiing holiday
    The weather was fine and beautiful, causing one of them to say
    "Nothing bad can happen here, as long as you miss those trees."
    Courtney Love failed that simple test, shrinking them to three

    Three little celebrities walking slowly through the woods
    They were taking part in a scavenger hunt, because their agents said they should
    Pele did not want to be there, so he kicked a pile of leaves with his shoe
    Springing the bear trap hidden underneath, making them just two

    Two little celebrities staying home, where it was safe and sound
    One got bored and turned on the tube, and then on the table started to pound
    They were saying he was washed up, that his career was no longer in the sun
    Jerry Lewis got so mad he had a heart attack, and then there was just one

    One little celebrity decided to go on a fishing trip
    Everything was going smoothly until they took an awful slip
    A sweet transvestite had fallen overboard, with no one to save him it was no fun
    And so Tim Curry slipped beneath the waves, sadly leaving us with none.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    Now all we need is someone to die.

    Leave a comment:


  • embalmer42
    replied
    I have submitted my list - hope you got it

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Check the team lists - you're pending.

    No word from the embalmer. Either his power is out again or he's not interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • OzzyKP
    replied
    I'm all set, right?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X