Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Sadly, there will be no one left to post the totals. I believe the person with the most unique picks and the youngest roster would be the winner.

    Note to Wezil: As the date of Mayan destiny approaches, you might want to do preemptive scoring for the "everybody dies tomorrow" scenario.

    This graphic has been all over FB for awhile now:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9092687

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    If the world ends on 12/21/12, then we all win. :cheer:

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    What a creep.

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    It's a race to see if her life ends before her assets. The Prince has been busy selling stuff.
    On the + side of the ledger, he has also sold his 'royal lineage' three or four times, just as he bought his name back in the '80s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

    I think I've only had Zsa Zsa this year and last. Now with 16 of us giving her Poly Protection, she could live to be 100...
    It's a race to see if her life ends before her assets. The Prince has been busy selling stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    I should have thought of Castro.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Fidel Castro, Kirk Douglas, BB King and Nelson Mandela are the only ones I've listed all 5 years.

    I was sure Castro was on his deathbed when we started this thing. (Of course, it being Cuba, he could have died a couple years ago and they just decided not to upset the public...)

    BB King was near death in 2000; I know it for a fact. He's one tough old dude.

    I think I've only had Zsa Zsa this year and last. Now with 16 of us giving her Poly Protection, she could live to be 100...

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    The rest of the opening posts have been updated to reflect the late entries.

    Record number of players (22) and celebs (228) this year.

    Zsa Zsa Gabor was picked by 16 of our players.
    I had her at least the last 2 years, and this year. She's a real ball buster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Interesting.

    I think I have 15 still alive. All but 5 have since been replaced.

    1. Ariel Sharon (Politician)
    2. *Fidel Castro (Dictator)
    3. *Billy Graham (Evangelist)
    5. Al Molinaro (Actor)
    6. *Louis Farrakhan (NOI)
    7. *Jerry Lewis (Actor/Comedian)
    9. Muhammad Ali (Boxer)
    11. *Margaret Thatcher (Politician)
    13. Sid Caesar (Actor)
    14. Joni Mitchell (Singer)
    15. Mickey Rooney (Actor)
    16. Ernest Borgnine (Actor)
    17. Gore Vidal (Writer)
    19. Vera Lynn (Singer)
    20. Keith Richards (Partier)


    Classic beginner's list.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Just for fun, I went back to see how many people on my original list for 2008 are still alive. There are 11, 6 of whom (marked by asterisk) are on my 2012 list; original rank order in parenteses. They are:

    * Fidel Castro (2)
    * Kirk Douglas (4)
    * B.B. King (5)
    Angelo Dundee (7)
    * Jerry Lewis (11)
    * Nelson Mandela (15)
    Pat Summerall (16)
    Nancy Reagan (17)
    * Henry Kissinger (18)
    Muhammad Ali (19)
    Robert Guillaume (20)

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    The rest of the opening posts have been updated to reflect the late entries.

    Record number of players (22) and celebs (228) this year.

    Zsa Zsa Gabor was picked by 16 of our players.
    I hope she makes it through the year.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    OzzyKP (Charon's Canoe) is registered and posted.

    Notes - -jrabbit, Dinner and myself all lose a unique pick (Wouk, Ali and Graham, respectively)

    Tariz Aziz is technically not eligible as he is under a death sentence however, as the death warrant hasn't been (and apparently won't be) signed by the Iraq President it is unlikely to be carried out. NOTE - There will be no points awarded for Tariq Aziz if he is executed.

    One of your terrorists doesn't have a precise birth date listed (just 1963). Past practice has July 1st inserted when a precise date is unavailable.
    Alright, I changed my mind. Don't let the late people in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    The rest of the opening posts have been updated to reflect the late entries.

    Record number of players (22) and celebs (228) this year.

    Zsa Zsa Gabor was picked by 16 of our players.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Embalmer Express is registered and posted.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    OzzyKP (Charon's Canoe) is registered and posted.

    Notes - -jrabbit, Dinner and myself all lose a unique pick (Wouk, Ali and Graham, respectively)

    Tariz Aziz is technically not eligible as he is under a death sentence however, as the death warrant hasn't been (and apparently won't be) signed by the Iraq President it is unlikely to be carried out. NOTE - There will be no points awarded for Tariq Aziz if he is executed.

    One of your terrorists doesn't have a precise birth date listed (just 1963). Past practice has July 1st inserted when a precise date is unavailable.
    Last edited by Wezil; January 15, 2012, 11:21.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X