Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wezil
    replied
    If you are a celebrity that would be your preferred way of getting removed from dead pool lists.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bugs ****ing Bunny
    replied
    In other news, Robin Gibb is now in remission and doesn't look like such a hot tip any more.

    Titanic Requiem – which will be composed by Bee Gees singer and son – will be played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Baseball Hall of Famer Gary Carter’s condition worsened this past week with the discovery of new brain tumors.

    The Thursday announcement on Carter’s daughter’s, Kimmy Carter Bloemers, blog post shares the details of Carter’s past week concluding with the results of Carter’s MRI.

    “This past week has been one of the hardest weeks for my dad,” Carter wrote in her blog. “Every day is exhausting and every move takes great effort.”

    Carter had oral surgery on an open wound injury Jan 11 and tore his rotator cuff the following day during his fall in his doctor’s office, according to Bloemer’s blog.

    Carter, 57-year-old Hall of Fame catcher and rightfielder, was diagnosed May 2011 with a brain tumor and has been undergoing treatment, according to Bloemers’ blog post. Carter went for an MRI last week in North Palm Beach, Fla., which revealed the development several new tumors.

    “Yesterday [Wednesday], we were waiting in anticipation for dad's MRI results (since they were being sent to Duke) but were told they would be in today.... My mom received a phone call from Dr. V at Duke. I wish I could say that the results were good,” Bloemers continued.

    Bloemers closed her blog thankful for the support from friends and fans alike quoting Psalm 28:7, where she is looking toward the Lord for her strength and comfort.

    “I write these words with tears because I am so sad for my dad. Dr. Jimmy Harris will be coming to my parent's house this evening to talk to the family about the next step. I will continue to keep you all updated," Bloemer wrote. "Love to everyone and thank you for the prayers.”

    – ANASTASIA MILLICKER, NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I was surprised she wasn't picked more often and particularly by you. She seemed such an obvious choice after you posted the news item in last year's thread and then you went and left her off your list...

    Harper Lee was a popular pick elsewhere but not picked by any of our players.

    Gary Carter was also popular elsewhere yet only ColdWizard picked him here. Carter was in the news again today and it wasn't at all good. He won't survive the year.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    I had her on reserve. DAMN IT!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    And they're off!

    We kick off the season with our #9 most popular pick Etta James. Ms. James was 73 and a choice of 7 players. First Blood Award of 25 points applies (unless we get a retroactive claim at some point). She was 5 days short of the Party Pooper Award.

    Wezil (1) = (171 - 1) + (100 - 73) + 25 = 222 points
    -Jrabbit (2) = 221 points
    ColdWizard (3) = 220 points
    MRT144 (4) = 219 points
    Bugs ****ing Bunny (9) = 214 points
    stonesfan (11) = 212 points
    Guynemer (15) = 208 points

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    I was going to bump the thread with that yesterday but I figured no one would know who she was.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    One of things I don't like about this game: being right about people I like.
    One last chance to pay respects. Nothing wrong with that.

    Janis Joplin eat your heart out, Etta got there first.




    Update shortly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krill
    replied
    RIP

    Leave a comment:


  • Guynemer
    replied
    One of things I don't like about this game: being right about people I like.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Etta James. Another great, gone.

    RIP

    Leave a comment:


  • MRT144
    replied
    Big hit with Etta James

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    Etta James passes away from complications from leukemia.

    Sarah Burke dies from injuries sustained in her superpipe fall.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Hooray! I know what I'm playing for.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    DaShi - If the world ends on December 12th I'll give you 2000 bonus points and you can claim the win. Call it "The DaShi Award."

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X