Why do you hate Secular Humanism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    There are something like 1000 dieties in Hinduism. Any member of the highest caste can proclaim himself a diety, and people will start worshipping him. There's no such thing as eternal truth. What's true at one moment is false the next, and visa versa.
    Anyone can start a cult by claiming to be Jesus. Sure, to you he's not Jesus, but it's true for them

Comment

There are something like 1000 dieties in Hinduism. Any member of the highest caste can proclaim himself a diety, and people will start worshipping him. There's no such thing as eternal truth. What's true at one moment is false the next, and visa versa.

Buddhism is really more of a psychology or a philosophy. Buddha never claimed to be a god, but his followers believe he is like one. They just say a lot of crazy stuff, like "nothing exists."
      So in other words, you don't like Hinduism and Buddhism because you have no ****ing clue what Hindus and Buddhists believe?
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Well he still hasn't finished the Bible so I wouldn't expect him to understand anyone else's religions.

Comment

Buddhist and Hindus tend to bug me but I wouldn't call them enemies.
          Buddhists who don't believe in supernatural entities are in effect atheists. Many Hindus are idolaters and bow to several gods.

You're a hypocrite of the first water. Well done, thou good and faithful whited sepulchre.

It's the kind that are anti-religion that my enemies, because they are enemies of God.
          How kind and finely discriminating.

I just didn't believe in God. I actually believed that people should go to church,
          For the decor presumably, or fashion tips.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Nothing on this page for me.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Is that a "There are people here on my ignore list and I'm going to point that out to be clever?" Allow me to summarize: you don't actually understand Hinduism or Buddhism, and the things you've said are roughly equivalent to a Buddhist saying "I don't want to be a Christian because they believe Jesus came back from the dead to kill us all, and that's totally harsh."
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm going to ignore your post too. I read until you said you were going to repeat what they said. That was disrespectful of you.

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Not really my kind of thread, but as a Buddhist I can say that Kid's understanding is certainly limited. He seems to display what I see in many Christians: far too much judgement and not nearly enough tolerance.

Strong and true faith ought to give one enough confidence in his own ideas to not be threatened or "bug[ged]" by others'.

Comment

• I'm really not getting what constitutes disrespect here. You can call people jackasses, hacks, idiots or what-have-you and it's no big deal. You can also go "YOU'RE ON IGNORE, LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" and, again, it's all good. I repeat what I consider a salient point and I'm disrespectful.

Very well, speaking purely for myself: you don't actually understand Buddhism or Hinduism nearly as well as you think you do. For example, Buddhists tend to claim that nothing exists as an independent entity. Everything, for them, is a bundle of interconnected energies and relationships. The Buddhist universe exists, IIUC, as a mass of connections, like a spider's web only there's no actual silk. I've heard Buddhists claim this idea chimes with modern physics. I don't know about that, and it's a very esoteric and confusing concept, but they don't claim that nothing exists at all. They just say our idea of the universe is an illusion.

And I have never, ever heard of Hindus deliberately deifying high-caste members at their own request. Where did you hear that?

XPost, HL, if you're a Buddhist correct me if I got anything wrong.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• HL, Then you're saying that christians are wrong, just as I say Buddhists are wrong. So in the same sense you are intollerant. But Buddhists aren't suppose to think others are wrong, right? See this is what bugs me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          I'm really not getting what constitutes disrespect here. You can call people jackasses, hacks, idiots or what-have-you and it's no big deal. You can also go "YOU'RE ON IGNORE, LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" and, again, it's all good. I repeat what I consider a salient point and I'm disrespectful.

Very well, speaking purely for myself: you don't actually understand Buddhism or Hinduism nearly as well as you think you do. For example, Buddhists tend to claim that nothing exists as an independent entity. Everything, for them, is a bundle of interconnected energies and relationships. The Buddhist universe exists, IIUC, as a mass of connections, like a spider's web only there's no actual silk. I've heard Buddhists claim this idea chimes with modern physics. I don't know about that, and it's a very esoteric and confusing concept, but they don't claim that nothing exists at all. They just say our idea of the universe is an illusion.

And I have never, ever heard of Hindus deliberately deifying high-caste members at their own request. Where did you hear that?

XPost, HL, if you're a Buddhist correct me if I got anything wrong.
                          You haven't said anything opposite of me, except regarding Hindu dieties. I personally know people who have gone to India and met dieties.

Comment

• That it "bugs" you shows intolerance.

I only point it out because I'd like to see more tolerance and understanding between beliefs, not because it bothers me.

edit: Elok's description of a "Buddhist universe" is accurate.

Comment

• 1) Buddhist (including DL) say nothing exists (their language)
                              2) In order to exist a thing has to be an independant entity.
                              3) What are you, a Buddhist now. Good night! When are you ever a christian, or are you?

Comment

• Have a nice night.

Comment

Working...
                                X