No announcement yet.

Why do you hate Secular Humanism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that was directed at me, I am at work behind our firewall and I can't see your much appreciated comments
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Alas. For those of you who aren't Danny, here are some other Muppets:

1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
        I think that is inherent to any group-driven thinking.
        Depends on what constitutes a "group." All other things being equal I'm more likely to agree with / side with an atheist than with a Christian, but all other things are never equal (for example, I'm more likely to agree with / side with a Christian than with a Randian, even though the Randian is an atheist).
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          I don't think Christianity requires, expects, or even desires such an insular, us-versus-them mentality. That would be Islam. And even they only extend it to their own particular sect.
          That's a false argument. You could have atleast stood on the sidelines. You're against a christian. I'm not the first either. This is becoming a regular thing with you. You gang up with those who hate God and hate christians. You fight with them, and against God.

You need to seriously reevaluate the way you treat God's chosen.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You give Christianity a bad name - why would any Christian jump to your defense?

And don't forget that you were the one attacking every other Christian on the site in a previous thread, so you can add hypocrisy to your growing list of failings.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I am not obligated to defend every thing you say, no matter how silly, false, malicious, or otherwise wrong--or even to stand by and ignore it--simply because you are a Christian. If anything, that requires me to be more vigorous in correcting you, first because you should be held to a higher standard and second because your errors reflect badly on the faith. I side with atheists in those cases where the atheists are in the right and you (not the Xian church, just you) are in the wrong.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You're just another servant of the Lord, like me. You better watch it. I think you intend to do me harm, like you did to Ben. Some of your atheist friends are worse than him yet you helped them troll him, your christian brother. Think twice before you set out to do harm to another one of God's servants.
                Last edited by Kidlicious; November 30, 2011, 04:32.

Comment

Dude, take your pills. People are not out to get you.

And if you can't stand that others point out inconsistencies in your ideas, don't spread them on an internet forum.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    Depends on what constitutes a "group." All other things being equal I'm more likely to agree with / side with an atheist than with a Christian, but all other things are never equal (for example, I'm more likely to agree with / side with a Christian than with a Randian, even though the Randian is an atheist).
                    What I meant was that since organized religion is de facto group centered, you always have an us vs them mentality. Christianity is not, (and has never been) an exeption to this rule.

Comment

Dude, take your pills. People are not out to get you.

And if you can't stand that others point out inconsistencies in your ideas, don't spread them on an internet forum.
                      Another false charge, that I can't stand for someone to oppose my beliefs, but no one is out to get me. DUDE, this happens to me 50 times a day. You may not be counting, but I do.

Comment

What I meant was that since organized religion is de facto group centered, you always have an us vs them mentality. Christianity is not, (and has never been) an exeption to this rule.
                        Christians have real enemies, DUDE!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Another false charge, that I can't stand for someone to oppose my beliefs, but no one is out to get me. DUDE, this happens to me 50 times a day. You may not be counting, but I do.
                          What do the voices say ? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

Nice way to prove my point. It's as if you intended to do so.

Comment

Sleep depriviation messes with the brain. Go to bed.

Comment

I've been awake for not even 4 hours. I'm on my third cup of coffee. Got anymore beauts?

Comment

Working...
                                X