Why do you hate Secular Humanism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you hate Secular Humanism?

This is directed at any here who hate secular humanism. Maybe no one here hates Secular Humanism, in which case I expect to watch the thread slowly sink into Page 2 oblivion.

But any here who hate Secular Humanism may use this thread as an opportunity to record the many issues they have with it, which will be a fun project, and I think I'll enjoy reading it.

For purposes of disclosure, I think we are all human here, right? So a philosophy that is human-o-centric makes inherent sense and I don't see anything obviously wrong about it. It's probably more reasonable to be opposed to trees or gold or something.

I don't hate it, but I don't follow it, because it would require me to have faith in humanity.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
      For purposes of disclosure, I think we are all human here, right? So a philosophy that is human-o-centric makes inherent sense and I don't see anything obviously wrong about it. It's probably more reasonable to be opposed to trees or gold or something.
      We're also all atoms, which is why I'm in favor of nuclear energy.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It is incompatible with my immense misanthropy.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          We're also all atoms, which is why I'm in favor of nuclear energy.
          OTOH, we all run on biodiesel. And yet I, at least, oppose all subsidies for the same. What a terrible contradiction is man!
          1011 1100

Comment

See, this is a pretty obvious attempt to start a vicious fight. The idea being to have somebody religious come in here, make an incendiary statement about atheism, and get an initially dismissive, but eventually sincerely angry response from atheists that will go on for page after tedious page. It's so obvious, I shouldn't even need to point it out, but I did anyway. Why? Because I'm pretty sure one particular religious person will come in here, read this post, and go on to start the stupid fight anyway, in the exact manner predicted. Anybody want to do a pool?

Anyway, it might make a nice change of pace from the usual insulting-to-religious-people, merely-degrading-to-atheists kind of fight we get around here, so carry on.
            1011 1100

Comment

I hate Secular Humanism because I'm evil.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Anybody want to do a pool?
                Let's do an over-under for the number of posts until said poster vomits on the thread (posts made by people in the pool don't count). I'm going with "under 30"
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Crap, gotta go teach. I'll say between thirty and forty-five just to make things fun, no money wagered since BK isn't here to come to houses and beat people up when they don't pay.

EDIT: Who wins if this thread just sinks like a rock?
                  Last edited by Elok; November 28, 2011, 21:26.
                  1011 1100

Comment

See, this is a pretty obvious attempt to start a vicious fight. The idea being to have somebody religious come in here, make an incendiary statement about atheism, and get an initially dismissive, but eventually sincerely angry response from atheists that will go on for page after tedious page. It's so obvious, I shouldn't even need to point it out, but I did anyway. Why? Because I'm pretty sure one particular religious person will come in here, read this post, and go on to start the stupid fight anyway, in the exact manner predicted. Anybody want to do a pool?

Anyway, it might make a nice change of pace from the usual insulting-to-religious-people, merely-degrading-to-atheists kind of fight we get around here, so carry on.
                    And what would be wrong with it? Except that you would project yourself as superior to everyone else?
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

OTOH, we all run on biodiesel. And yet I, at least, oppose all subsidies for the same. What a terrible contradiction is man!
                      Biodiesel give me acid reflux.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Loin wins!
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah, good job Elok. We already lost this one, you back stabber.
                          Last edited by Kidlicious; November 29, 2011, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            And what would be wrong with it? Except that you would project yourself as superior to everyone else?
                            Right, because he should obviously be projecting Kidicious as superior to everyone else. When will Elok learn to be objective?
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Not being a christian lite back stabber would be sufficient. Also not harrassing me everyday. I never even talk about him, yet he has to bring my name up everyday. You're no better either. Can't you think of something intelligent to say?
                              Last edited by Kidlicious; November 29, 2011, 08:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X