X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I'm not angry.
    All evidence to the contrary.

That must have been one hell of a damned fine acting class you took !
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Now that I think of it, why the dickens did my Eastern Religions class not mention Sikhs?
      Some Hindus regard the Sikh faith as little more than a variation of Hinduism, but khalsa Sikhs would dispute this, referring to the principles of equality and lack of a caste system as major dissimilarities. Many of the Sikhs I know and have spoken to, feel that their faith combines some of the best elements of Islam and Hinduism.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

They only bug me if they dont make sense.
        Don't become a hermit. The potential for self-harm seems incalculable....

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          Jain monks have a tendency to starve to death.
          The plucking out of one's own hairs, one by one, was fairly revolting to me, I must confess. And waking up every 10-15 minutes to sweep the floor around you so as to avoid accidentally killing anything.

Comment

I can be bugged but what I choose. I'm an individual, and you have no effect on me.
            I'm an individual too- and the effect I had on you, was that you put me on ignore.

God himself chose the west for christianity.
            Except for that awkward interregnum where Islam reached from the Iberian peninsula to the borders of China and into India. And that bit where (supposedly) the son of your god was born in Asia.

You're even worse on history than you are on religion.

You cruel beast, how I cried and cried....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
              Some Hindus regard the Sikh faith as little more than a variation of Hinduism, but khalsa Sikhs would dispute this, referring to the principles of equality and lack of a caste system as major dissimilarities. Many of the Sikhs I know and have spoken to, feel that their faith combines some of the best elements of Islam and Hinduism.
              I understand that's how they started--with discussions between a Muslim and a Hindu.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
              X