No announcement yet.

Why do you hate Secular Humanism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Pagans, Jews, muslims and people of various religions can be enemies of another religion but Atheists don't believe in any god, so how can they be your enemy or jealous of you when they believe in any higher power. I mean they can be your enemy but why would it be because of religion.
    BTW, I am a christian..
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Personally I like muslims and jews. Buddhist and Hindus tend to bug me but I wouldn't call them enemies. In other countries it's different I know but a lot of that is how you are raised. I don't agree with disliking someone because of their religion. Also, I love atheist, but I mean the kind that just doesn't believe in God. It's the kind that are anti-religion that my enemies, because they are enemies of God.

It's not all atheists either, as I used to be a certain kind as well. But I was never against religion. I just didn't believe in God. I actually believed that people should go to church, but that it wasn't for me.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What about hating the sin but loving the sinner?
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Sure. It doesn't mean you don't have enemies. Jesus says "Love your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Personally I like muslims and jews. Buddhist and Hindus tend to bug me but I wouldn't call them enemies. In other countries it's different I know but a lot of that is how you are raised. I don't agree with disliking someone because of their religion.
            Dude, how can you say you like some people because of their religion and others bug you because of theirs, but then say you don't agree with disliking someone because of religion?! Whats wrong with just saying that some people are ****** and some people are nice and that very rarely has any correlation with their religious views?

Comment

I didn't say Buddhists and Hindus are *******s. Their religion bugs me. Even the way a lot of christians belief bugs me. But atleast they all believe in some sort of good beyond themselves. But I think that they aren't very good at it. An atheist has no belief in good beyond themselves. Of course they all think they are good, even the very worst of them.

Comment

If I made that kind of ridiculous, inaccurate blanket statement about all Christians you'd react with rage.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Here we go:

A Christian has no belief in good beyond what some ancient book or preacher tells them. All Christians think they are good, even the very worst of them.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I don't think that I'm good. I have to admit a lot do.

edit: A lot do think they are good that is.

Comment

You're missing the point, MikeH (which atheists often do I've noticed). He's right and you're wrong.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Of course I don't understand, I don't believe in good.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

You ARE acting clueless. And this kind of behavior is what I'm talking about. You want to act clueless, then get mad when someone calls you clueless. Then you end up asking why someone plays the victim when they aren't.
                          Kidicious has FOUND the word clueless.

Three cheers !!!!!
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I don't think that I'm good. I have to admit a lot do.

edit: A lot do think they are good that is.
                            Now I see why you had problems following my written English. I should perhaps have made allowances.

I may in the future.

Kidicious sees Spot run. Is that better ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	neabtyh_chickentoes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	9092349
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Kid,
                              What bugs you about buddhism and Hindus?

Comment

There are something like 1000 dieties in Hinduism. Any member of the highest caste can proclaim himself a diety, and people will start worshipping him. There's no such thing as eternal truth. What's true at one moment is false the next, and visa versa.

Buddhism is really more of a psychology or a philosophy. Buddha never claimed to be a god, but his followers believe he is like one. They just say a lot of crazy stuff, like "nothing exists."

Comment

Working...
                                X