Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't look particularly fake. Of course, it's not too hard to fake, but it still looks genuine.

It's a dick move because it's not your business, Darius.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      You guys are idiots.
      Elaborate for our stupid minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Oh, I make no bones about it being a dick move. Hell, I'm a dick by trade. "Unethical," OTOH, has a completely different meaning.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

• It's a dick move because it's not your business, Darius.
          I guess that makes everything Darius has ever posted here fair game.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It doesn't look particularly fake. Of course, it's not too hard to fake, but it still looks genuine.

That doesn't make sense. It might not be any of my business where other people live, but I'd still support helping the homeless and wouldn't think of that as a bad thing. Likewise I don't see what's wrong with helping employers make use of publicly available information in order to make better decisions.

Comment

• Al could have become a productive member of society and (assuming you really sent the email) you have possibly denied him that for the time being.

xpost

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                That doesn't make sense. It might not be any of my business where other people live, but I'd still support helping the homeless and wouldn't think of that as a bad thing. Likewise I don't see what's wrong with helping employers make use of publicly available information in order to make better decisions.
                With such a misanthropic attitude, I would be surprised if you had any friends.

You can't make friends by doing this kind of thing. You can only make enemies. It's just not worth it, in the grand scheme of things. Life is too short.

Comment

• Also, anything gribbler posts here is fair game too. We should keep a list.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

With such a misanthropic attitude, I would be surprised if you had any friends.

You can't make friends by doing this kind of thing. You can only make enemies. It's just not worth it, in the grand scheme of things. Life is too short.
                    Well, it isn't something I would do to a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Also, anything gribbler posts here is fair game too. We should keep a list.
                      Okay. Let me know when you figure out my real name.

Comment

• George Ribbler
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Gary Ribbler

Dammit, Asher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                            What exactly is "unethical" about taking what one voluntarily disseminates into the public sphere and bringing that material to another person's attention, particularly where the recipient has an interest in familiarity with the minds of those in whom they invest a great deal of trust, responsibility, and pay? Dazzle me with what Rules of Professional Conduct are implicated.
                            A deliberate attempt to harm another person without any prospect of gain to yourself contravenes ethics. If you actually did it you would gain nothing other than a distinctly pathetic satisfaction of personal spite whereas, as HC put it, Albie may lose an opportunity to become a productive member of society and you would, as BK put it, be generally regarded as scum.

BTW Nobody is talking about a black letter interpretation of the Rules of Professional Conduct of a Law society.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                              A deliberate attempt to harm another person without any prospect of gain to yourself contravenes ethics. If you actually did it you would gain nothing other than a distinctly pathetic satisfaction of personal spite whereas, as HC put it, Albie may lose an opportunity to become a productive member of society and you would, as BK put it, be generally regarded as scum.

BTW Nobody is talking about a black letter interpretation of the Rules of Professional Conduct of a Law society.
                              Obviously Al was deliberately attempting to harm someone by getting them to hire him even though they wouldn't hire Al if they had access to publicly available information about Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                Obviously Al was deliberately attempting to harm someone by getting them to hire him even though they wouldn't hire Al if they had access to publicly available information about Al.
                                I guess Al is not your best friend?

Comment

Working...
                                X