Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
    I guess Al is not your best friend?
    No. I have no reason to favor Al over his potential employer.

Comment

• Besides, won't Al quit his job in a few months to try out for the marines? That's going to hurt whoever hires him, but he won't tell them about it until after they hire him. Is that really ethical?

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Likewise I don't see what's wrong with helping employers make use of publicly available information in order to make better decisions.
        Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Obviously Al was deliberately attempting to harm someone by getting them to hire him even though they wouldn't hire Al if they had access to publicly available information about Al.
        ^this. Couldn't have put it better myself. If they wouldn't have hired Al had they known him to be who he's told the public sphere he is, and had they known him to intend what he's told the public sphere he intends, then what is lost? How does one constitute a "productive member of society" by living a lie? Would not a more informed decision typically lead to a selection that adds more value to society?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

• I think the hope was that he would see the light and NOT join the Marines.

Now, did you really send that email?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Are you or are you not Jordan Gall, Darius?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I think the hope was that he would see the light and NOT join the Marines.
              Perhaps your hope. At least his engagement of that employer would have been on honest and forthright terms.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Now, did you really send that email?
              I think that question has already been settled.

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              Are you or are you not Jordan Gall, Darius?
              Where on earth did you get that idea? I do know him.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• I know you sent my twin brother a friend request on facebook, so I have your real name.

I assume you thought he was me...

Comment

• ? That may have been my brother...
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                    Where on earth did you get that idea? I do know him.
                    You are him. I mean, unless the Civfanatics Darius, the Steam ID Gall0278, the email address gall0278@d.umn.edu, the identical birthdays of the facebook profile and the Civfanatics Darius, and the identical avatars and location of Civfanatics Darius and Apolyton Darius are all a huge coincidence.
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• No coincidence. I'm just not sure how you get a first name out of all of that.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

No coincidence. I'm just not sure how you get a first name out of all of that.
                          Do I have the gall of choosing the wrong Gall?

The steam profile has a full name and the umn.edu address is similar to the steam profile and also has minnesota as the location.

I also assume that Asher and Imran being mutual friends of Jordan Gall and me make it plausible.

Comment

? That may have been my brother...
                            Nah, dude, it was you, unless your brother is also friends with Kuci on facebook.

Comment

• And if your brother is also a lawyer who lives in Minnesota. And is your age. And has your birthday. Are you a twin also? I'm identical by the way. That's right, there's two of me running around. It's pretty sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                And if your brother is also a lawyer who lives in Minnesota. And is your age. And has your birthday. Are you a twin also? I'm identical by the way. That's right, there's two of me running around. It's pretty sweet.
                                Does your brother ever do hilarious things online and then claim it was you?

Comment

Working...
                                X