Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
    lol whatever you where serious or not is irrelevant. your scum and a idiot. only thing saveing you is that the moderation of this site is as pathetic as you.
    Because of a prank that had no consequences?

Comment

• Especially a transparent one...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        I don't know anyone in real life who pays via cheque anymore.

Maybe this is just another example of how advanced Canada is compared to the US. Debit use was far more common than cash even in the 1990s here...
        I use cheques for

1. paying my housecleaner
        2.paying for stuff through our corporate social club-- they dont accept cash and have no debit or credit systems
        3. Book orders or school fees for my children-- they always want you to send the form with the cheque
        4. I bought a seadoo with a cheque-- I would have needed to call someone to do it by debit

So cheques still have some utility in my life

I go to a teller to get a bank draft or if I want cash more than my atm limits-- I haven't deposited cash in an age-- If someone had to give me a thousand bucks I'd probably just stick some of it in a drawer and take that as I needed it
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
          judgmental
          you mean like this entire thread is about judging al?

like i said when i reported your post this picking on al have gone out of wack. its not just small penises trying to feel better about themselfs anymore. but actaully trying to inflict harm on other people. kh and people like you are probly among the saddest thing i have seen on the net.
          Last edited by a.kitman; June 11, 2011, 01:20.

Comment

• What a ***** you are. First for falling for a transparent ruse, second for being a petulant little **** when you found out you'd been had...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• albie, I'm glad you got the job. DON'T QUIT TO TRY TO JOIN THE MARINES AGAIN.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• stop pretending to be altruistic KH, it doesn't suit you.

Comment

• I don't think he's pretending at all.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                    stop pretending to be altruistic KH, it doesn't suit you.
                    It would be like if he were to pretend he had a degree he didn't have, amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                      stop pretending to be altruistic KH, it doesn't suit you.
                      You're an idiot. I've given albie consistently good advice.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        It would be like if he were to pretend he had a degree he didn't have, amirite?
                        What about owning a business whose employees get paid in magic beans that grow ten times more valuable after being held for 2 years?
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• gribbler:

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                          anyways, this is exactly the reason why i will only go so far in giving out personal details here. i don't want to play these mind-games.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            You're an idiot. I've given albie consistently good advice.
                            i'd tell you to grow a brain, but your first priority should be to grow a penis

Comment

• Wow. Burn.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Anyone else here ever worked as a teller before?

What the hell?

I got a call stating that they're sending me an offer letter in the mail and that they're going to start me in the July training class starting July 5th.

What the hell? Why does it take ANOTHER MONTH before I can start?

It's 2 weeks training at 40 hours a week... to do what? How hard is it to be a teller?

This is all so bizarre. Why is the process to be a freaking teller so long and convoluted. If I were in charge of HR, I see no reason why you can't train someone to do something as menial as being a teller the same way you train someone to be a cashier or a grill cook. Just have the trainee watch for half a shift; perform the job with close supervision the second half of the shift; and perform with close supervision as needed for the next few work days. If they're not a ******, they'll be good to go by themselves the second day.

I realize a teller has more responsibility than a mere cashier but do you really need this long vetting process followed by a month wait to participate in 2 weeks of full-time training?

Explain, please.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X