Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:32.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 9, 2011, 04:31.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I actually was just hired by Wells Fargo yesterday, idiots.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• what job do you get?
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
            what job do you get?
            teller

But **** it. It's money. On a per hour basis, I make more than the assistant manager gig.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wait, what are tellers?

Do you sit behind an ATM or something?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I actually was just hired by Wells Fargo yesterday, idiots.
                To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that you may have recently tentatively hired [omitted] for a teller position at your [omitted] branch. Before making any formal commitments, I would strongly recommend that you visit the website http://apolyton.net/forumdisplay.php/147-Off-Topic and search for posts by "Al B. Sure!", the online alias of [omitted], including, but not limited to, his comments on his career goals laid out at http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/196002-Why-is-it-so-hard-to-be-a-part-time-bank-teller-(or-to-get-any-job), and his comments on the female form at http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/182666-Official-Babe-Thread-VI. There may be some very revealing information on what you are getting yourselves into. Don't say you weren't warned.

Sincerely,
                Anonymous
                Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Wait, what are tellers?

Do you sit behind an ATM or something?

Asher is so great. The fact that he does things differently than the majority of the human population makes him so great... like taking it up the butt and not having tellers at his bank...

Comment

• well congrats al.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                      To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that you may have recently considered hiring [omitted] for a teller position at your [omitted] branch. Before making any formal commitments, I would strongly recommend that you visit the website http://apolyton.net/forumdisplay.php/147-Off-Topic and search for posts by "Al B. Sure!", the online alias of [omitted], including, but not limited to, his comments on his career goals laid out at http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/196002-Why-is-it-so-hard-to-be-a-part-time-bank-teller-(or-to-get-any-job). There may be some very revealing information on what you are getting yourselves into. Don't say you weren't warned.

Sincerely,
                      Anonymous
                      The funny thing is that if you actually had the capability to do so, you probably would send such an e-mail. Such an ******* hater.

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      well congrats al.
                      Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Asher is so great. The fact that he does things differently than the majority of the human population makes him so great... like taking it up the butt and not having tellers at his bank...
                        Do I seem like a bottom ***** to you?

You're far more submissive than me, Alby. Know your role.

Tellers are a dying breed, everyone knows that. But it sure beats managing pimply kids at a burger joint.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• congrats. I hope you find this job more satisfying than your old job.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Tellers are a dying breed, everyone knows that.
                            When I want something other than 20s from my bank, I need a teller. It's pretty lame, but that's life.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              When I want something other than 20s from my bank, I need a teller. It's pretty lame, but that's life.
                              Why?

I've never needed a teller in my life. Ever.

Hell, I only visit the ATM once every 3 months or so...and ideally within a few years I'll only need an ATM extremely rarely. I withdraw $100 in cash every 3 months and that usually lasts me.

Comment

• Congrats, Al. Stick to it and don't quit to make a third pass at the marines.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X