Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, not like that. If you're going to do it just be straight up, don't be overly fancy...and be sincere.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Dear Sir:

I want to thank you for the opportunity that you have presented me here to manage your operation at X.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to decline your offer. I have taken the time to sit down and ask myself what I want most out of my life, and where I feel I can make the greatest difference in the world. I am also wanting to put my talents to greater use than they have been, especially considering my educational experience.

To that extent, I have decided that I would prefer to have the time to train and prepare for the marines. As such, I am not going to be able to fulfill my duties and expectations to the extent that you require and to train with abandon for my life-long dream.

So rather then quit later, I have decided to write you this letter, so that you can hire someone to fill the position who is a far better fit immediately.

Sincerely,

Albert Speer.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Dear Sir:

I want to thank you for the opportunity that you have presented me here to manage your operation at X.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to decline your offer. I have taken the time to sit down and ask myself what I want most out of my life, and where I feel I can make the greatest difference in the world. I am also wanting to put my talents to greater use than they have been, especially considering my educational experience.

To that extent, I have decided that I would prefer to have the time to train and prepare for the marines. As such, I am not going to be able to fulfill my duties and expectations to the extent that you require and to train with abandon for my life-long dream.

So rather then quit later, I have decided to write you this letter, so that you can hire someone to fill the position who is a far better fit immediately.

Sincerely,

Albert Speer.

Holy ****. Why does no one tell me this stuff? I was ****ing agonizing about how I was going to go about quitting for the past four weeks. NOW YOU TELL ME!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Do I write a new one like that one and send it with an explanation of apologies for any arrogance in my initial heat of the moment letter?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• NOW YOU TELL ME!
            I run a tutoring business. You think that doesn't also include essay editing, resumes and stuff like this?

Ask. I'll give you a special Poly discount.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Do I write a new one like that one and send it with an explanation of apologies for any arrogance in my initial heat of the moment letter?
              Keep it for next time.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 28, 2011, 02:48.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• When Ben with his malfunctioning brain can write a better letter, you know Al has a problem.

Comment

• Al, you are a clueless SOB. Your social skills are in the range of Beavis and Butthead if you read that letter and didn't see what was wrong with it.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Al, you are a clueless SOB. Your social skills are in the range of Beavis and Butthead if you read that letter and didn't see what was wrong with it.

I ****ed up, didn't I?

Comment

• I don't see how writing a stupid letter when you quit your job could hurt you in any way, other than being embarrassed about it later. So you might as well go into denial and insist it was a great letter and everyone else is just too stupid to recognize your genius. That way you won't feel embarrassed

Comment

• My brother is a first assistant manager at McDonald's. He's about to get his own store. A few years after that he'll be in corporate probably making more money than you ever will Al. A lot of people have worked their way up into high positions by starting off behind the counter in fast food. Not only that, fast food employs a lot of people and provides tons of opportunities to people who might not have otherwise had them. It's not that you've never had opportunities Al, it's that you've been too stupid to recognize them and capitalize on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

I ****ed up, didn't I?
                            Holy ****! You actually sent that letter? This could be a clue why you are having a hard time getting a better job. How did you leave your other jobs?
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Holy ****! You actually sent that letter? This could be a clue why you are having a hard time getting a better job. How did you leave your other jobs?
                              I left the other jobs (Sodexo, Wachovia) with months warning in advance to go to OCS.

Was it really that terrible? What should I do?

Comment

• You worked for Wachovia, got a degree in finance, and didn't make any connections?
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X