No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a long held theory but I must have missed the evidence you saw.

Spoiler:
    Jon definitely made friends with a dragon though. Gendry is pretty handy with that war hammer though I am surprised no one took the 30 gold back after they killed those two gold cloaks.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Because...
      Spoiler:
      ...we obviously suspected that when Tyrion was able to tame the two dragons back in Meereen that was a hint of his Targaryen blood, but now we have direct proof that Targaryen blood does it because Jon had basically the exact same moment with a dragon.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Spoiler:

I wasn't sure I would find you here. Thought you might still be rowing

So, Samwell seems to be the last surviving member of the House Tarly now.
        And looks like execution by fire was a good way to "convince" all remaining Lannister soldiers to bend their knees

Interesting games, Littlefinger plays with Arya ... seems like she might fall for his tricks (to sow seeds of discord between her and Sansa)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I'm with you Lori. I was thinking the same thing.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Also Davos continues to be excellent.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Davos: "But why should anyone listen to me? All I have done is live to a ripe old age."
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Wow, that was a pretty stuffed episode. The main takeaway for me is that...
                Spoiler:
                ...Tyrion is definitely a Targaryen.
                And another similarity. Both their mothers died birthing them.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My 2 thoughts on this episode 5
                  Spoiler:

Ok, Cersei is pregnant, but the prophecy says she'll have 3 children, so either
                  a. She is lying
                  b. The baby will die before term
                  c. Cersei will die within 9 month
                  d. That baby is the Valonqar of the prophecy and the pregnancy will go bad. She might die while giving birth. And if that is the case, in order to continue the cycle, that baby might even be a dwarf.

What does Littlefinger do? He has never played members of the same family/house against each other. He always played different houses against each other. Why doesn't he try to divide the north, playing house vs house?
                  It's a lot harder to divide a house. Is he getting old? Too bold? Do I have to switch off part of my brain on this one?

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• The last episode was pretty cool IMO I can't believe they end it all in little more than one further season...what will we talk about then

Davos had all the good lines indeed.
                    Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dry View Post
                      My 2 thoughts on this episode 5
                      Spoiler:

Ok, Cersei is pregnant, but the prophecy says she'll have 3 children, so either
                      a. She is lying
                      b. The baby will die before term
                      c. Cersei will die within 9 month
                      d. That baby is the Valonqar of the prophecy and the pregnancy will go bad. She might die while giving birth. And if that is the case, in order to continue the cycle, that baby might even be a dwarf.

What does Littlefinger do? He has never played members of the same family/house against each other. He always played different houses against each other. Why doesn't he try to divide the north, playing house vs house?
                      It's a lot harder to divide a house. Is he getting old? Too bold? Do I have to switch off part of my brain on this one?
                      Spoiler:

Regarding Cerseis pregnancy:
                      My tip till be C. Cersei will die before birth

Regarding Littlefinger:
                      Not totally true. He successfully persuaded Lysa Arryn to poison her husband Jon Arryn (i.e. Neds predecessor as Hand of the king)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Also the prob with putting houses against eachother is now that they might run soon out of major houses...there were simply more of them earlier in the show
                        Blah

Comment

• So HBO Spain ran episode 6 by mistake
                          It's all over the net now. I'm not sure if I want to watch it or just wait.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm going to wait. And if anyone posts anything about it here, please specify in the spoiler where it's from so I don't mistakenly open it.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Now HBO is leaking their own stuff!
                              Blah

Comment

• So the spanish saw Episode 6 before getting the chance to see Episode 5?

Ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X