Quebec bans religious teaching in publicly subsidized daycares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I said atheists aren't moral, as they do not believe in morality.
    Hmm... I'm not religious, and I believe in morality... but go ahead, tell me what I believe.

Comment

On the other hand, please do explain how morals exist.
      Seriously?
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I think it's quite clear that you do not believe in morality.
        Right. Because I go around raping, stealing and killing whenever I can get away with it
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
          So you just make it up, whatever you feel like. Thanx. Don't expect to become president.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Right. Because I go around raping, stealing and killing whenever I can get away with it
            Why not? What prevents you, if you can get away with it? In fact, atheists do that all the time and they just deceive themselves and rationalize.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Hmm... I'm not religious, and I believe in morality... but go ahead, tell me what I believe.
              All you believe in is presenting yourself to others as a good person so that they will praise you.

Comment

So you just make it up, whatever you feel like. Thanx. Don't expect to become president.
                God personally came down and told you explicitly what your morals should be? Without any nuances or room for misunderstanding? Because otherwise, I'm going to say you make it up too, whatever you like. Only I base mine on reason, and what's good for people, whereas you base yourself on whatever someone tells you you must base yourself on. Thanx.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Why not? What prevents you, if you can get away with it?
                Because I have morals.

In fact, atheists do that all the time and they just deceive themselves and rationalize.
                Yeah, and religious people do that all the time, and then claim that's what god wants. Your point?

All you believe in is presenting yourself to others as a good person so that they will praise you.
                And all you believe is in whatever fantasy makes you less scared. See? Pesonal attacks work both ways and don't help any argument.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• You just admitted that you deceive yourself and use rationalization. Yet you have morals. WTF???!!!!

No I do not use my own understanding to form my convictions on morality. I have a master and I follow His will not my own.

Comment

• Kiddy kills me
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• A lie is not a moral conviction, not even the way N35t0r defines moral conviction.

Comment

You just admitted that you deceive yourself and use rationalization. Yet you have morals. WTF???!!!!

No I do not use my own understanding to form my convictions on morality. I have a master and I follow His will not my own.
                        Right. And you know his will exactly, to the letter, directly through no intermediaries.

So no one who also believes in god can behave immorally, then.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• What's amazing to me about Kid is that when he changes positions on something, he becomes incapable of even acknowledging, understanding, or expressing the position he previously held. It's really quite a spectacular transformation.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Best argument that I've ever seen you make.

Right. And you know his will exactly, to the letter, directly through no intermediaries.

So no one who also believes in god can behave immorally, then.
                            NO! I'm a human being, and therefore prone to human behaviour. The difference is that I fear God, and so I pray everday not to be led into temptation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              What's amazing to me about Kid is that when he changes positions on something, he becomes incapable of even acknowledging, understanding, or expressing the position he previously held. It's really quite a spectacular transformation.
                              What on earth are you talking about? Why would I express an idea that I don't believe?

Comment

• Case in point.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X