X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    minimum wage
    trolling
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• The minimum wage is essentially irrelevant in the US.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        There's plenty of evidence that people lie about such things. I'm not stating it as a fact. My point was to tell you how absurd you are being.
        How am I being absurd? Osama behaves in a very religious way, and does terrible things.

Comment

:facepalm: Yes, my argument is that morality is submitting to God. It has been that the entire time, ever since I said that atheists are ammoral at best.
          If that is morality, then what makes God good? Is this another one of those tautologies that Elok was complaining about?

Comment

• gribbler,

Try to understand the point. People lie about their believes to do things like get elected president. I don't know if he really is a Christian or not. It's not my point to say whether he is or not.

So your little argument that Christians are immoral because some of them commit murder is stupid.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

gribbler,

Try to understand the point. People lie about their believes to do things like get elected president. I don't know if he really is a Christian or not. It's not my point to say whether he is or not.

So your little argument that Christians are immoral because some of them commit murder is stupid.
              Well, I'm pretty sure Osama is not a Christian. In any case making the assumption that religious people are morally superior is prejudice.

Comment

If that is morality, then what makes God good? Is this another one of those tautologies that Elok was complaining about?
                What makes Jesus (the Word) good? The Holy Bible teaches man to resist his natural inclinations (which are not good). That is morality, resisting your natural inclinations. It's being better than an animal.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure Osama is not a Christian. In any case making the assumption that religious people are morally superior is prejudice.
                  So what?

Comment

What makes Jesus (the Word) good? The Holy Bible teaches man to resist his natural inclinations (which are not good). That is morality, resisting your natural inclinations. It's being better than an animal.
                    Soooo starving yourself to death would be morality? I'm not sure if starving is better than being an animal.

Comment

• You must be putting on an act. You go around in circles repeating the same ****.

Comment

• No, I'm applying your definition of morality. I have a natural inclination to eat food. If morality is resisting my natural inclinations, the moral thing for me to do is to not eat. Perhaps you hate eating and would rather starve, but that is not how I work.

Comment

• I might be wrong, but I think Kidicious's definition of morality is a form of anti-utilitarianism, where the goal is to be as miserable as possible. If that is Christianity, it would explain why the church hates condoms so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            The minimum wage is essentially irrelevant in the US.
                            And that's the only reason it doesn't do any damage.

Comment

I might be wrong, but I think Kidicious's definition of morality is a form of anti-utilitarianism, where the goal is to be as miserable as possible. If that is Christianity, it would explain why the church hates condoms so much.
                              Puritanism

By far the worst thing about it is that it inspired the book The Scarlet Letter. I ****ing hated that book.

Comment

People lie about their believes to do things like get elected president.

This has to be a troll...
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X