Quebec bans religious teaching in publicly subsidized daycares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Don't you see they hate you too. They just prefer that you kiss their ass. You do so at a great cost.
    Who hates Elok?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
      While I don't really want to join the dogpile here, did you read Kid's posts before he became religious? The product was like that when we purchased it, thank you very much.
      Exactamundo.

Comment

Don't you see they hate you too. They just prefer that you kiss their ass. You do so at a great cost.
        No, they don't hate me. They might have some level of contempt for me--I can't say how much--because unbelief often carries with it a certain presumption of intellectual superiority. It's hard to tell how much of the general attitude around here is genuine arrogance and how much is just the common trolling fruit of internet anonymity. I think the Christian thing to do is to make the most charitable assumption. But I don't detect any positive hatred as such, and I think you are in error just as much as they, if not more so, with your haughty attitude. As a disciple you ought to hold yourself to a higher standard of behavior than this futile crap-throwing.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You're saying that because I'm calling you ammoral that I'm demonizing you. It figures as much that you would say that. Should I sit by while you claim that God doesn't exist therefore atheists are moral and Christians are stupid?

All I've done here is put forth truthfull information. No! That's not acceptable. You all would prefer that agree with you even though you are flat out wrong.
          ....what? I can't even make heads or tails of this. No I'm not being obtuse I literally do not understand your dialect of vernacular English. Or whatever you're trying to pass off as grammar is. Maybe it's not your grammar and I'm giving you too much credit. This reads like someone who's had a really bad trip this holiday season if you know what I mean.

Just reading this gives my brain those pounding hammers, and it's not just because what you're saying is stupid, it's because it's totally inscrutable and what is this I don't even
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            Hey, what if I claimed to know how all religious people think? What if I claimed they all subconsciously don't believe in a god and are just feeding themselves comforting delusions? It would be impossible for anyone to prove me wrong if I insisted that all religious people who say otherwise are lying. It would also be a crappy argument.
            In all fairness, this is basically what Richard Dawkins and his ilk believe.

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            No, they don't hate me. They might have some level of contempt for me--I can't say how much--because unbelief often carries with it a certain presumption of intellectual superiority. It's hard to tell how much of the general attitude around here is genuine arrogance and how much is just the common trolling fruit of internet anonymity. I think the Christian thing to do is to make the most charitable assumption. But I don't detect any positive hatred as such, and I think you are in error just as much as they, if not more so, with your haughty attitude. As a disciple you ought to hold yourself to a higher standard of behavior than this futile crap-throwing.
            This.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You know, when I see that Imran has gone from Muslim to atheist to Christian, I am reminded of that Slowwhand quote in Jaguar's avatar. You're such a slut, Imran
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                No, they don't hate me.
                Keep telling yourself that if you like, but you should listen to what they say. They hate the Bible and what it says. It says they are sinners, that they are guilty of suffering and death and that they need to repent and ask God's forgiveness. If they don't they will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity. Now you can argue whether the Bible says that or not, but they aren't going to agree with you, mostly because you're probably bull****ing.

If you say you believe in the Bible they are going to be offended. The Bible is offensive to atheists, what makes you better than the Bible. Jesus said they hate you because of Him.

I know what you're trying to do. You think it's the right thing. I just don't agree with it. There's a cost to becoming a Christian. People are going to hate you for it.

Edit: I admit to adding a bit of attitude to my posts. This is entertainment after all isn't it?
                Last edited by Kidlicious; January 3, 2011, 18:05.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What do accountants know about psychology? I'm pretty skeptical toward your claims of expertise in that subject.
                  Hmmm... You also read your own meaning into my posts. You seemingly don't even seem to read important words in them. You clearly use defense mechanisms. Can I make you educate yourself? No.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that if you like, but you should listen to what they say. They hate the Bible and what it says. It says they are sinners, that they are guilty of suffering and death and that they need to repent and ask God's forgiveness. If they don't they will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity. Now you can argue whether the Bible says that or not, but they aren't going to agree with you, mostly because you're probably bull****ing.

If you say you believe in the Bible they are going to be offended. The Bible is offensive to atheists, what makes you better than the Bible. Jesus said they hate you because of Him.

I know what you're trying to do. You think it's the right thing. I just don't agree with it. There's a cost to becoming a Christian. People are going to hate you for it.

Edit: I admit to adding a bit of attitude to my posts. This is entertainment after all isn't it?
                    Once again, Kidicious claims he can speak for others! I, for one, do not hate Elok. Are you going to call me a liar?

Comment

Hmmm... You also read your own meaning into my posts. You seemingly don't even seem to read important words in them. You clearly use defense mechanisms. Can I make you educate yourself? No.
                      My own meaning? Did you not claim to be well informed about psychology?

Comment

• I think this deserve a poll
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My own meaning? Did you not claim to be well informed about psychology?
                          You purposefully try not to understand my posts then you say it doesn't make sense. I think this is a defense mechanism. For example, you don't understand the difference between believing something objectively, and holding a passion for something like your morals. The most reasonable conclusion to make is that it's a defense mechanism. You understand in your unconscious but you are not aware of it in your conscious.

Comment

• Anyway, some people seem to be offended by what I say.

So I will just say that I don't have any hard feelings towards anyone here, no matter what they say, even if it's "**** you ******!" I like atheists just as much as Christians. If anyone is in need I will do whatever I can to help them. I don't ask if they are Christian or not. That goes for anyone on this site.

Comment

• Kid, please inform me what the point of your "debating" is. It's not educating any of the unbelievers about Christianity--you come across as simply incoherent. It's not helping you understand your own faith better--you're repeating the same things and disregarding all input. You're not motivating them to believe in God or see Christians in a positive light, that's for sure. It looks to me as if you're doing nothing but gratifying your own sense of superiority (and, in the process, making God look puerile and silly, because like it or not, they will judge your faith by you).

If you don't think you're "better than the bible," why are you doing this instead of trying to understand your audience's point of view and begin from where they're comfortable, y'know, the way Paul did every time he spoke to a different crowd? Wasn't there something in there somewhere about "being all things to all people?" How about "it is better that you should tie a millstone around your neck and cast yourself into the sea rather than cause one of these little ones to stumble?" Okay, so that last one doesn't exactly apply since these folks are adults, not children, and they were quite happy stumbling before you came along anyway. Downgrade the millstone to a cannonball.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You purposefully try not to understand my posts then you say it doesn't make sense. I think this is a defense mechanism. For example, you don't understand the difference between believing something objectively, and holding a passion for something like your morals. The most reasonable conclusion to make is that it's a defense mechanism. You understand in your unconscious but you are not aware of it in your conscious.
                                Internet psychology is nothing more than an ad hominem attack. Making unprovable claims about someone's subconsciousness is pseudoscience.

Comment

Working...
                                X