No announcement yet.

Quebec bans religious teaching in publicly subsidized daycares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey ******, albie doesn't listen to anybody's advice. That's a fact, and it's not bullying either. I don't listen to anybody's advice here either.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Hey ******, casually denigrating bystanders to a conversation, for no apparent reason and when you know they will overhear, is not a sign of emotional maturity in any case--so my point stands.

EDIT: Hey ******, Al wasn't a party to the conversation.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Apparently you can't read in addition to acting like a whiny *****:

albie doesn't listen to anybody's advice. That's a fact, and it's not bullying either
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Also, you witless idiot, you might want to consider "defending" somebody (who I didn't even insult, this time) who doesn't do exactly what you're accusing me of all the time

Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Who said I was defending him? I only said your behavior was deplorable. I suppose I'd chastise Al for it too, except he's (to be honest) really bad at it, so it continually backfires.
            1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              It's mostly to gain information for myself, to test out what I believe.
              If you're such a student of psychology, you would know that people generally don't "test out" what they believe. They confirm what they believe. And your posts would seem to suggest that you're doing more confirming than testing. You're never surprised by what those crazy atheists (or, previously, capitalists) post. All the responses you receive only ever seem to reinforce your notions. And your replies are always along the lines of, "See, you booboo head atheist/capitalist, I knew you would say that. Because you're all the same and my psychology expertise tells me that I can paint people I hardly know with broad strokes and that random conclusions to complex problems never need reexamining and are always true."
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Elok

Now my behavior is "deplorable"? Because I casually mentioned that albie doesn't take our advice on life?

Holy ****, if that's all it takes to work you up into a fit of moral indignation, then I feel sorry for you.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• A fit of moral indignation? Not at all. I'm irritated at worst. Also, given that you mentioned Alby in the context of comparing him to a man you said was a "nutjob" with half a mind, it didn't come across quite so innocent.
                  1011 1100

Comment

• a:b :: c:d

does not mean that I believe b and d are equivalent
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• If you insist. It sounded to me like you were dragging out your old "ha-ha alby's a ****up" meme for cheap laughs, but I guess it's pointless to argue over what you meant.
                      1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        A psychological "analysis" made by someone with no formal training in psychology, of the internet persona of someone they don't know IRL, is utterly worthless. Call it a character judgment if you wish, but don't pretend it's somehow scientific.
                        Come on now. You know it's not my judgement. It's God's judgement. God's judgement is that man is not moral and he needs God. I include myself in that. I don't say that I had any morality before I became a Christian.

And I don't claim to be a psychologist. I'm just saying that I'm familiar with scientific research regarding the way people deceive themselves and others, and it appears to me that that's what is happening.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          Here's a suggestion: make a decent argument instead of resorting to personal attacks.
                          Funny how you think you never get personal either

Comment

• There is some sense to this decision, but it's being brought to absurd levels. Like it will be forbidden to pronounce the word 'Ramadan'.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              2) "Maturity" has all kinds of interpretations. I have the kind that allows me to make rational decisions in the face of adversity and stress.
                              "Rational" also has all kinds of interpretations. You think with your subconcious. What makes you think you are so rational?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                If you're such a student of psychology, you would know that people generally don't "test out" what they believe. They confirm what they believe.
                                Well at least someone agrees with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X