Quebec bans religious teaching in publicly subsidized daycares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you come across as simply incoherent

Have you ever considered that he may simply not have a whole mind? That certainly appeared to be the case when he was a Commie nutjob, and doesn't appear to have changed now that he's a Christian nutjob.

Giving him advice on posting is like giving albie advice on life.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Whereas you, KH, come across like this Russian exchange student I knew once: someone who took his intellectual prowess as a license to refuse to mature emotionally. So much for internet psychology.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Kid, please inform me what the point of your "debating" is.
        It's mostly to gain information for myself, to test out what I believe. I gave up on convincing people some time ago. And it is right to put the word debate in quotes because that's not really what I do. There's more I could say but is this really of any interest to you?
        It's not educating any of the unbelievers about Christianity--you come across as simply incoherent.
        That's a style that I have. I don't really try to educate people. I do try to make people think though. Although sometimes it's not even that, it's just to get them to respond. I'm interested in the response. Don't take this to mean that I troll or put out mistruths.
        It's not helping you understand your own faith better
        Yes, it does because I understand people more.
        You're not motivating them to believe in God or see Christians in a positive light, that's for sure.
        Why? Because I don't debate like you do? What's so different about you than what they do? I don't believe in reason the way you do. I believe that people mostly bull****.
        It looks to me as if you're doing nothing but gratifying your own sense of superiority (and, in the process, making God look puerile and silly, because like it or not, they will judge your faith by you).
        Well you don't know me all that well, but I will accept your criticism.
        If you don't think you're "better than the bible," why are you doing this instead of trying to understand your audience's point of view and begin from where they're comfortable, y'know, the way Paul did every time he spoke to a different crowd?
        I do understand their POV, better than you think, but I'm not going to tell them that they are moral, when that's not what the Bible says. That's not the way Jesus did it. As for Paul I think maybe there's some truth to that, but Paul didn't compromise are misrepresent the Word.
        Wasn't there something in there somewhere about "being all things to all people?"
        You still have to know that you are a sinner. That's the beginning for all people.
        How about "it is better that you should tie a millstone around your neck and cast yourself into the sea rather than cause one of these little ones to stumble?" Okay, so that last one doesn't exactly apply since these folks are adults, not children, and they were quite happy stumbling before you came along anyway. Downgrade the millstone to a cannonball.
        I will say the same thing to you. If you tell people that they are good you are putting a stumbling block before them.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Internet psychology is nothing more than an ad hominem attack. Making unprovable claims about someone's subconsciousness is pseudoscience.
          I read books you numbnuts. This is stupid. Go read a friggin book and come back when you do.

Comment

• I'm not saying they're necessarily good (I certainly don't believe anyone's perfect), I'm just refraining from making character judgments about people I barely know. Especially sweeping, blanket characterizations.

Rom 2:14-16
            Mt 7:1-5
            1011 1100

Comment

• The problem with stupid people is that they are often too stupid to know that their stupid.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm not saying they're necessarily good (I certainly don't believe anyone's perfect), I'm just refraining from making character judgments about people I barely know. Especially sweeping, blanket characterizations.

Rom 2:14-16
                Mt 7:1-5
                I don't judge myself better. I judge God better. They don't get that, but...

Comment

• A psychological "analysis" made by someone with no formal training in psychology, of the internet persona of someone they don't know IRL, is utterly worthless. Call it a character judgment if you wish, but don't pretend it's somehow scientific.
                  1011 1100

Comment

Whereas you, KH, come across like this Russian exchange student I knew once: someone who took his intellectual prowess as a license to refuse to mature emotionally. So much for internet psychology.
                    1) I doubt the russian exchange student you knew was even close to as smart as me
                    2) "Maturity" has all kinds of interpretations. I have the kind that allows me to make rational decisions in the face of adversity and stress. I don't have the kind that lets me pretend somebody is saying something worthwhile when they are not, unless there is an obvious upside to me doing so. I don't think the latter is a desirable quality.

As far as "internet psychology", there is a vast difference between somebody, e.g. diagnosing albie as a closet homosexual and somebody claiming that kiddy might not be able to have a rational discussion. The former is based on some interesting clues in posts. The latter is based on the fact that kiddy's never, you know, had a rational discussion here.
                    Last edited by KrazyHorse; January 3, 2011, 19:01.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• That's a style that I have. I don't really try to educate people. I do try to make people think though.

Holy ****, I wish I had called kiddy "the human koan" last night like I was thinking of doing...

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        I read books you numbnuts. This is stupid. Go read a friggin book and come back when you do.
                        Here's a suggestion: make a decent argument instead of resorting to personal attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          1) I doubt the russian exchange student you knew was even close to as smart as me
                          Maybe not, but he was taking Calc 3 or something in ninth grade or thereabouts, so he certainly wasn't stupid.

2) "Maturity" has all kinds of interpretations. I have the kind that allows me to make rational decisions in the face of adversity and stress. I don't have the kind that lets me pretend somebody is saying something worthwhile when they are not, unless there is an obvious upside to me doing so. I don't think the latter is a desirable quality.
                          How about the kind that shows you the pointlessness of gratuitous bullying? Al was barely even in the thread, and he's pretty well a dead horse. There was no point bringing him up.
                          1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            yadda yadda yadda
                            I'm talking about your apparent confusion between Osama bin Laden and Barack Obama
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

How about the kind that shows you the pointlessness of gratuitous bullying? Al was barely even in the thread, and he's pretty well a dead horse. There was no point bringing him up.
                              Hey ******, read the post again. I used the well-known "albie is gay" meme as an example of pop internet psychology based on a few loose patterns. If you think that is bullying albie then you're a ****ing moron.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Hey, ******, read post #331.
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X