Quebec bans religious teaching in publicly subsidized daycares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Holy crap. You don't have a problem with people feeling humiliated because they don't believe in everyone else's god?
    Humility is a good thing, mkay. But then they have the choice to feel proud and just believe what everyone else believes.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't think non-religious parents put their children in religious schools because of bigotry.
      Bigotry? It's a simple desire to have their children develop morals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        Humility is a good thing, mkay.
        Humility != Humiliation

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        But then they have the choice to feel proud and just believe what everyone else believes.
        WTF is this supposed to mean? Just do what the majority does because its easier?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Bigotry? It's a simple desire to have their children develop morals.
          Why would putting your kid in a religious school help them develop morals? I guess getting molested by a priest builds character.

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            Humility != Humiliation
            I think you are assuming that the person who is excluded lost dignity. That's not always the case and I would hope not ever the case. I person who chooses to take a stand for what they believe has more dignity that one who doesn't.

WTF is this supposed to mean? Just do what the majority does because its easier?
            No. Most people do whatever the majority does because they feel a sense of pride, like patriotism.

Comment

Why would putting your kid in a religious school help them develop morals? I guess getting molested by a priest builds character.

I see that you are starting off in the familiar way.

Comment

I see that you are starting off in the familiar way.
                I think the whole "you can't be moral without being religious" deal is pretty familiar.

Comment

I think you are assuming that the person who is excluded lost dignity. That's not always the case and I would hope not ever the case. I person who chooses to take a stand for what they believe has more dignity that one who doesn't.
                  Like I said, good luck to your kids then.

Being excluded at school can be quite harsh...

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  No. Most people do whatever the majority does because they feel a sense of pride, like patriotism.
                  Again, so you say that we should do what the majority does? It's OK to go against one's beliefs to feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside? Or only when it's not you who has to?
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I think the whole "you can't be moral without being religious" deal is pretty familiar.
                    I said atheists aren't moral, as they do not believe in morality.

Comment

Like I said, good luck to your kids then.

Being excluded at school can be quite harsh...
                      Sounds like a personal fear. Not everyone is terrified of being excluded.
                      Again, so you say that we should do what the majority does? It's OK to go against one's beliefs to feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside? Or only when it's not you who has to?
                      I count this as dribble.

Comment

• So you call us amoral out of your ass and want us to pretend it's a valid argument?
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Oy vei.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So you call us amoral out of your ass and want us to pretend it's a valid argument?
                            I think it's quite clear that you do not believe in morality.

Comment

• On the other hand, please do explain how morals exist.

Comment

Sounds like a personal fear. Not everyone is terrified of being excluded.
                                No. Most kids, while not terrified, still have a pretty rough time. Adding reasons for kids to feel alienated so that others can have a nice 'sense of pride' (which I can't bet doesn't even happen in most of them) is extremely counterproductive. Why not have cross burnings as well, while we're at it? It gives white kids a good chance to feel proud of their heritage. Black kids can join in and feel warm and fuzzy inside or wait it out and become more dignified
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X