Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    1. first: proven; second: not
    Not the question.

    How is one intolerant but the other is not? They are both factual arguments.

    to be a lying scumbag.
    So I'm a scumbag for saying that having sex with other men is bad for you, but I'm not a scumbag for saying that smoking is also bad for you?

    I would be wrong, if that were the case. Scumbag wouldn't enter the picture.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    I guess the answer to my question is NO. As expected.

    Leave a comment:


  • dannubis
    replied
    1. first: proven; second: not
    2. you wouldn't think of banning smoking everywhere

    SUMMARY : again you are proven to be a lying scumbag.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Do you not recognize your own intolerance?
    Ok. Lets say I said that smoking was bad for you. Having sex with guys is also bad for you.

    Which one of these statements is intolerant?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's not your opinions that make me think you're deranged, but the tactics you employ to defend them.
    Ok. How would I defend my position in such a way so as not to be intolerant, and not to compromise what Christ teaches.

    I'm curious.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You're one to talk.

    You flipped a switch and decided to go on hate mode, for whatever reason. Not me.

    I don't hate you, I don't hate fun, and I don't hate elok.

    Yet all three of you hate me for whatever reason.

    Tolerance, if you really believed in it means treating opinions that disagree with you with respect. I disagree with you on this issue, it doesn't make you crazy or a bad person. It just makes you wrong.
    I don't hate you. I hate your intolerance. Well OK, I guess that makes me dislike you intensely also. Your dishonesty in debating is strike two. Do you not recognize your own intolerance?

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I don't think you are deranged. I think you can be wrong about some things without being crazy.

    Unsurprised to see that tolerance is a one way street.
    It's not your opinions that make me think you're deranged, but the tactics you employ to defend them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    yada yada yada... go preach in your church. maybe over there you will find that people listen to you.
    I find plenty of people listen to me here. They don't always agree--often they don't--but the ones who aren't zealots, religious or anti-religious, will listen and offer something interesting in return.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    SO it's easy to see why people are not tolerant when it comes to you.
    You're one to talk.

    You flipped a switch and decided to go on hate mode, for whatever reason. Not me.

    I don't hate you, I don't hate fun, and I don't hate elok.

    Yet all three of you hate me for whatever reason.

    Tolerance, if you really believed in it means treating opinions that disagree with you with respect. I disagree with you on this issue, it doesn't make you crazy or a bad person. It just makes you wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Yep, you get what you give. SO it's easy to see why people are not tolerant when it comes to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Hey, I'm Christian and I think BK is deranged. I'm pretty sure Imran does too.
    I don't think you are deranged. I think you can be wrong about some things without being crazy.

    Unsurprised to see that tolerance is a one way street.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    but I don't see how KKK and nazis apply to this.
    Fun's equating his current situation with the holocaust. Par for the course.

    Leave a comment:


  • dannubis
    replied
    yada yada yada... go preach in your church. maybe over there you will find that people listen to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Ah thanks Elok.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elok
    replied
    You know, Wezil, you and Danny are not exactly the intellectual cream of the atheist crop on this board. And with the exception of Asher, none of the brighter ones bother being douchebags like that. Oughta tell you something...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X