Originally posted by Kidicious
View Post
As for where I get stuff like that, the biblical stuff comes mainly from scholars - those with a background in Mesopotamian religions. Zecharia Sitchin came up with the possible link between the biblical 120 years of man and the Sumerian "sar", ie God's year, albeit I cant say he was the first. Joseph Campbell noted the precessional numbers built into Angkor Wat and the Norse end of the world story.
And I'm not really going to die either. Are you?
This is the point. God is trying to have a relationship with you.
Or as Lily Tomlin ??? said, when we talk to God its called prayer, when God talks back its schizophrenia. Why does the creator of existence need to engage in a 2000 year old human (deicide?) sacrifice to tell me I'm loved? How can anyone "logically" draw that connection? God has "us" kill his son because God loves us and having us kill his son will prove it. Yup, thats insanity.
If you want to nit pick the way you are then it's not going to happen. If you don't like the way God does things and you think you have a better way then it's not going to happen. You know if you can't be gratefull for what Jesus did for you then that's up to you. But here's the thing you really aren't making a good argument. I mean what's the point here?
Seriously, maybe just showing up like some shedding piglike animal (South Park's God) and telling me I'm loved would work wonders
Leave a comment: