Yeah, but AFAICT Danny has this atheist-zealot thing going on. BlackCat used to be the same way, before he mellowed out. Maybe it's in Poly's rules that there must always be some Germanic poster perpetually opposed to religion, I don't know.
But no, I doubt very much whether any atheist/agnostic posters respect BK. I think much of his sympathy from religious, non-dishonest posters springs from their own experiences with rude atheists. This natural sympathy blinds them to the fact that BK has all the honesty and integrity of a PAC lobbyist, and that most criticism directed his way seems to be entirely warranted, if not always accurate.
Really, though, it's not all that common for people of any given persuasion to have respect for those of the opposite opinion, especially not when the arguments get impassioned.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Christianity ruins families.
Collapse
X
-
what's so funny about that. nikolai is one of the nicest, most respectful and tolerant people here.
Leave a comment:
-
Wezil, our beloved nice guy who tolerate and respect other people's beliefs and feelings.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm more interested in hearing from the non-believers that think Ben is sane.
His supporters are all from the imaginary beings group.
Leave a comment:
-
Hey, I'm Christian and I think BK is deranged. I'm pretty sure Imran does too.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Nikolai View PostBest post in this thread, period.
I don't always agree with Ben and his debating, although I can see where he's coming from for the most part, but most of the treatment he's given here is below dignity.
Another ostrich.
Are there any non-religious nuts that feel this way? Do you have to believe in imaginary beings in order to "get" Ben?
Leave a comment:
-
Gotta love debates that are well grounded in reality. Greeks certainly would welcome becoming an ethnic and religious minority in their own country, so would be others. Not to start with silly stuff like how likely, reasonable and practical a large-scale restructuring of the world's borders, states etc. would be, given that conquests are hardly a rare thing in human history...Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostAgain, where did I say this would occur? Greece is a representative democracy. They would all be Greeks again, and gain automatic Greek citizenship.Last edited by BeBMan; June 26, 2010, 11:32.
Leave a comment:
-
Strawman... I don't remember ever endorsing "reparations".Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostI thought reparations were perfectly ok. You've twisted yourself into knots.
There's no difference between the two. A nation is composed of individuals.
And yes, there's a difference between a nation and a person. People belong to a nation but a nation is not itself a person. Every person who was wronged by the Muslim conquests, if they are to be considered wrong, has been dead for centuries.
Leave a comment:
-
I thought reparations were perfectly ok. You've twisted yourself into knots.It wouldn't be wrong for Muslims to decide to give it back, but it's also not wrong for them to keep it. You can't carry out any sort of justice when the victims and perpetrators have been dead for centuries. A country is not a person, and neither is a nation or a religion.
There's no difference between the two. A nation is composed of individuals.
Leave a comment:
-
Where did I say deporting them would occur?As opposed to the "justice" of kicking millions of people who have done nothing wrong out of their homes, and giving said homes to other people who have done nothing to deserve them?
Again, where did I say this would occur? Greece is a representative democracy. They would all be Greeks again, and gain automatic Greek citizenship.EDIT: To be fair, maybe you just meant destroying their government, replacing it with foreigners and making them into de facto second-class citizens.
Leave a comment:
-
It wouldn't be wrong for Muslims to decide to give it back, but it's also not wrong for them to keep it. You can't carry out any sort of justice when the victims and perpetrators have been dead for centuries. A country is not a person, and neither is a nation or a religion.Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View PostYeah, I do believe they are morally obligated to give it back. If it's not wrong for Christians to go to war to take it back, how is it wrong for it to be returned peacefully?
Leave a comment:
A religeous person lecturing about tolerance
Leave a comment: