No announcement yet.

Lost: Season Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurley said, "ben you were a great number 2" inferring that they spent a considerable amount of time together afterwards.

The closing credits showed the site of the crash and there were no bodies and you could see footprints which showed that there had been survivors.

Actually without those and a few other clues, I might have believed that also since it would be a clean solution but would have been pissed that it was a six year dream.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I also didn't see that. Thanks rah
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I think this is mostly fair...

Even leaving behind issues from seasons past, I'm not sure how well the structure of season six holds together now that we're at the end. It had always been my hope that knowing what the sideways universe really was would give us a different perspective on those scenes, but I don't think "What Kate Does" will improve any with the knowledge that Kate, Claire, Marshall Mars and the rest are all already dead. Desmond's dual role in both realities as the man with the plan, meanwhile, amounted to much less than I had hoped for. I'm not exactly sure how Widmore's electromagnetic device somehow sent Desmond into the afterlife and back, but it turned out that island Desmond didn't know nearly as much as had been suggested earlier, nor was it clear why Jacob thought that having Widmore bring Des back would help stop Smokey.

And given what we ultimately learned about the nature of the sideways, I'm no longer clear on why Desmond was the special one who was responsible for bringing everyone together. (Charlie, after all, was the one who tipped Desmond off to their real lives, yet he was still largely in the dark until Aaron was born.) And all our speculation on bleeds between the two universes - whether Sun lost her English because alt-Sun didn't speak it, or whether it was a coincidence that most of the characters who could most clearly remember the real world were ones who had died in it (when, as we learned here, everyone was already dead, because time has no meaning in the afterlife) - proved meaningless. And that's not to mention Dogen and the temple folk, or Widmore and his crew, or the many trips back and forth across the island, and between the main island and Hydra, and the various factions splitting apart and coming back together. There are narrative dead ends in every season of "Lost," but it felt like season six had more than usual, perhaps because it was the last one.

The last season was the worst season, but it was still a great show.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Desmond never got sent to the afterlife. He just went insane, thought he knew what to do, and turned out he didn't.

Charlie said he got the vision when he swallowed the baggy, and we know from Jack it isn't people that give the flashbacks, it can be items as well, so that is a second point that the critic ****s up.

I think that critic is a douche tbh. He seems like an aspie.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• That's certainly possible.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So the general upshot is that the ending was **** and the series was **** - but it was still great!

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                And making Juliet, Jack's wife was just annoying and probably and afterthought.
                Really? I thought it was fairly obvious from the moment we found out that Jack had a kid in the Sideways (after)life.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Was Juliet the Juliet to Jack's Romeo? Especially when she was first introduced?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Jack was Juliet's first love connection, while Sawyer was off banging Kate in a cage. Later, Jack and Sawyer swapped partners and ended up happier for it.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Really? I thought it was fairly obvious from the moment we found out that Jack had a kid in the Sideways (after)life.
                      Not to me. I guess i can be dense sometimes.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It was an easy out for the writers when Mitchell decided to go with V.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• The ***** can't act, I'm not sure why she is in V. Her presence alone means I can't watch V.

Comment

• OK, so when did Claire's baby die? Claire's baby got off the island with Kate and the original 6 escapees and was already a toddler by the time tha Kate went back, yet in the church Claire's baby is an infant again.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• He died sometime in the future; everyone appeared as they did during the most important time in the their lives; ie, their adventures on Craphole Island.

James, Kate, and Claire all appeared as we knew them, even though they escaped the island with Frank, Miles, and Richard. Presumably, they all lived (relatively) happily-ever-after, although God knows what happened when Kate got busted for violating her parole.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• All I remember about the finale was that there sure were a ton of commercials
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X