• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lapidus!
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      He died sometime in the future; everyone appeared as they did during the most important time in the their lives; ie, their adventures on Craphole Island.

James, Kate, and Claire all appeared as we knew them, even though they escaped the island with Frank, Miles, and Richard. Presumably, they all lived (relatively) happily-ever-after, although God knows what happened when Kate got busted for violating her parole.
      Actually I think the finale was Jacks' testimonial. Everyone there owed something big time to Jack. Like I said, it was a ripoff of "Five People You Meet in Heaven."
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I thought the Sideways stuff was very well done, if a little snarky -- "you thought the island was purgatory? Hah, this is purgatory".

Leaving the island itself one big fat mystery seems appropriate -- any attempt at explaining it would have been anticlimatic at this point.

The one answer I really wanted and didn't get was concerning Smokeylocke. Why did he want to get off the island so badly, and why would it kill everyone in the world if he did? They went out of their way to show he wasn't just "evil incarnate", so I don't think he was just going to land in LA and unleash the Smokapacalypse for giggles. Total bummer -- he's villian for six seasons and all we never know how/why he was going to kill everyone.
        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

• The ***** can't act, I'm not sure why she is in V.

With a chest like that, she doesn't need to be able to act.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• In other words, Community had me at the broken Spanish rap by Abed and that other guy at the end of episode 2 season 1.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Episode 3. Credits: still awesome.
              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• And unlike some shows, it's not filled with inexplicable plot holes and relentless cut aways to keep "suspense" going before the writers realise they have nothing to go on and pull a cop out. Simile: Lost's plot is like a pack of cards waiting for the viewer to gently nudge away. No wonder there's no incentive to watch it.

Comment

• Just watched the last twenty-odd minutes of "The End" again. It got me even worse this time.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Then this cat recap will turn your heart into butter. <3 <3 <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      You should know, any British/Aussie/Kiwi accent is a MASSIVE strike against people in my books.
                      I don't know WTF Desmond's accent was supposed to be. Nothing like anything I've ever heard.

I can rule out British, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Kiwi, Aussie for you.

His accent was literally the least believable part of the show.

I think I'd have liked him if it wasn't for that.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        The ***** can't act, I'm not sure why she is in V. Her presence alone means I can't watch V.
                        I'm really enjoying V.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Also, loved the fact that the solution to the Island's problems was basically to give it a reboot.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Quite liked this comment from Guardian live blog:

We only know what the people on the Island know. We only know what we experience, and what the people around us experience.

There was no omnipotent narrator on the show, there isn't one in life. What they don't know, we don't know, what Jack doesn't know, we don't know and it's ok. Some things don't need an answer. We make our own destiny, our own kind of music.

Everybody needed the Island to help them find their own purpose, become who they were meant to be.

Claire wasn't ready to be a mother - the Island kept her until she was. Kate wasn't ready to settle down - until she was. Jin and Sun were denying how important they were to each other until they finally understood it. Hurley needed to know he was good and not bad or cursed, that nothing informed his life not even a random set of numbers. Sayid needed to prove to himself he was a good person, Ben and Sawyer needed to do this too. Jack needed to fix himself by fixing everyone else.

This was always Jack's story. He was a Shephard, literally and metaphorically.

Yes the Christian allegory was strong, but in the end the difference between the candidates and say Michael is that they found redemption on the Island, Michael didn't. He murdered someone for non defensive reasons, he remained flawed and that's why he remained on the Island.

Walt and Desmond, they were special. They had their constants, they KNEW themselves and so were in charge of their own destinies. They couldn't find redemption on the island because they didn't need to be redeemed.

It wasn't sci-fi, it was a good ol' fashioned character study, greek tragedy, whatever.

The end was perfect. Think about it.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• I can rule out British, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Kiwi, Aussie for you.

His accent was literally the least believable part of the show.

It's quite obviously a Scotch-Peruvian-Trinidadian accent.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I don't think it's the actors own accent, sure when I've seen him interviewed he sounded normal.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X