Lost: Season Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU Pandalover.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• And learn to spam.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        Aaron wasn't in the church.

x
        Clarie was holding a baby in the church. Was it Aaron or was it the baby she had in the sideways universe? How can someone have a baby in purgatory?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• It wasn't purgatory.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
            I'm coming around to the idea that this isn't true. Frankly, it doesn't make much sense for the Island to have been the most important time in Aaron's life; I doubt he even remembers any of it. It was the most important time in Jack's life, however, which makes me think the Sideways world was centered around Jack in some important way. Did Jack's consciousness/soul/whatever decide who would be allowed to join the group that passed on together (and determine how they appeared)?

Don't think that makes sense; did Jack ever even meet Keamy, Omar, or Mikhail? Not to mention Helen, or Randy Nations, or Nadia, or Sayid's brother, or whatever other characters I'm forgetting that appeared in the past/on the Island and then again in the Afterlife/Purgatory/Bardo/Whatever.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Don't think that makes sense; did Jack ever even meet Keamy, Omar, or Mikhail?

Nothing makes complete sense in the Sideways World, since they stretched it out over 18 episodes to waste time. Jack having a vision of Keamy and Mikhail is kind of dumb, but so is the idea that their time on the Island was the most important time in the lives of Aaron and Penny. Jack determining who got into the waystation makes the most logical sense, as long as those people were free to have their own effect on the Sideways World once they got in.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Well, it was the most important time for Claire and Desmond; perhaps Aaron and Penny just decided to wait... if "wait" has any meaning in a timeless afterlife.

Comment

• Why didn't Helen make the trip, then?

I'd argue that Jack knew Penny and Aaron and would want them around, while he never met Helen.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Um... isn't that the point? Why would Helen make the trip? Jack never imagined her; only Locke did. She wasn't real, in the way that the 815ers and other island dwellers were real.

Comment

• She wasn't real, in the way that the 815ers and other island dwellers were real.

So Penny wasn't real, either? What about Aaron?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Pedantic.

Aaron was on the Island; Penny very nearly was on the Island, and clearly would've "waited" along with Des, given how long she had waited when he vanished the first time.

Comment

• Penny never even saw the Island, dude.

So which would you prefer if picking a team from scratch: Rooting for an underdog with modest expectations for whom the occasional championship is a pleasant surprise, or rooting for a perennial power for whom championships are expected and anything less is a disappointment?

Let me know. And while you're at it ... why was Penny in the church?

KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• No, but she got awfully close; and, as I said, she would "wait" with Desmond. Sadly, no one else on the Island had a truly meaningful connection to someone who wasn't also on the Island.

Comment

• Which is why Jacob chose them for the most part.

(and except Walt, who returned home)
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Why didn't the other people get their own sideways church testimonial thingy? Charlie died so that the others could escape. Juliet died to prevent some sort of event. Sayid saved the others on the sub. These were heros . They deserved their own little heavens. But no, this i Hollywood and there can be only one star, so they get a truly Hollywood style religion. The star gets his own heavenly afterlife and everyone else has to wait for him to go in. He even gets a kid he never even really had.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X