Pro-Life Means Protect the Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM, .

All 4 people use condoms, you have 4R. The risk is 4 x the risk with the condom.

One person doesn't use a condom, the risk becomes 3x the risk with a condom, multiplied by one times the risk of someone having sex without a condom.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Yes, it does matter.

If they have sex with someone else without a condom, and you have sex with them even if you wear a condom, the risk is no different then if you were to have sex without a condom, and they were to have had sex with a condom.

All it takes is for one person somewhere along the chain to break it.
      No, it doesn't matter. You can have sex with ten different partners that ALL have a STD. Every time you have sex with one of them, you have > 90% security of not catching the disease that that particular partner have if you use a condom, and this is the case no matter how often you **** these ten persons.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• @ Ben's "math"

if you want to use raw numbers, get better at math.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Where have I gone wrong?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'm not positive but I'd guess shortly after birth.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

DM, .

All 4 people use condoms, you have 4R. The risk is 4 x the risk with the condom.

One person doesn't use a condom, the risk becomes 3x the risk with a condom, multiplied by one times the risk of someone having sex without a condom.
              Oh, OK, so if I have a 20% chance of getting an STD without a condom and I have unprotected sex five times, I will 100% for sure have an STD. Got it.
              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

• Yep, so since Floyd has a 10% chance of not getting an STD with a condom (it's a bit higher than that, but we'll use Ben's "match"), that means that since he's had sex 10 times (I'm assuming), he already has an STD!!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Where have I gone wrong?

I guess that it happened when you entered the realm where it's considered math to discuss how many angels that can dance on the top of a needle.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Wow, what degree do you have blackcat?

Comment

• B.Sc. in electronic engineering - lots and lots of math incl. stats

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Hey Imran, Elok already showed you how it was 2/3rds odds. I don't know if math is taught where you are from, but if Elok can do it you should be able to do so.

Comment

• Then you should have no problem explaining where I've gone wrong.

Comment

Hey Imran, Elok already showed you how it was 2/3rds odds. I don't know if math is taught where you are from, but if Elok can do it you should be able to do so.
                            Elok was wrong

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I think quantitative methods and probablility should be banished and we just make everything 50/50 faith-based.
                              Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Then you should have no problem explaining where I've gone wrong.
                                Did you mean me ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X