Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk stupidity: Canadians up in arms because NHL team gets H1N1 vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of my friends in Toronto -- healthy, 20-something males -- got the H1N1 vaccine at work. In Ontario. Where they always had a "high-risk only" policy.

They technically work in the health care industry (hospices, etc) but they don't ever interact with patients.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      A couple of my friends in Toronto -- healthy, 20-something males -- got the H1N1 vaccine at work. In Ontario. Where they always had a "high-risk only" policy.
      The implementation was still poorly planned.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Focus your ire, Wezil. CHILDREN ARE DYING EN MASSE BECAUSE THE FLAMES GOT VACCINATED DURING ALBERTA'S FREE FOR ALL.

In any case, the OMFG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE SHORTAGE IS OVER!!!!

Ottawa expecting 1.8 million doses
        of flu vaccine next week

Ottawa is expecting to get at least 1.8-million new doses of H1N1 vaccine next week, boosting the total to more than 8-million.

The Harper government has come under attack for the confusion in the administration of the vaccines across the country, but federal officials said the new deliveries from GlaxoSmithKline Inc. show “there is no shortage.”

The new doses will include 1-million with adjuvant, and 800,000 without the additive to be used for pregnant women.

The federal government is responsible for ordering the vaccines, while the provinces are the ones in charge of the actual vaccination campaign.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Focus your ire, Wezil. CHILDREN ARE DYING EN MASSE BECAUSE THE FLAMES GOT VACCINATED DURING ALBERTA'S FREE FOR ALL.
          Meh. I tend to agree they should be vaccinated. 8 infected already would seem to indicate that.

In any case, the OMFG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE SHORTAGE IS OVER!!!!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1351006/
          I'm terribly unimpressed with all the hysteria. As was pointed out earlier, the numbers just don't justify the fear.

They certainly don't justify this:
          Attached Files
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, the hysteria is out of control. I'll get my H1N1 vaccine in a few weeks when the lineup is maybe 10 minutes. You're probably more likely to catch it standing around for 4 1/2 hours surrounded by high risk people.

Comment

FWIW, Miikka Kiprusoff (the Flames' star goaltender) is feeling under the weather today and is questionable for tonight.

THE VACCINATION WAS NOT IN TIME. I AM FURIOUS NOW!!! More children should be sacrificed.

Comment

Not me. I'm looking forward to a few days off work. Maybe I can stretch it into a week...

Comment

This whole vaccination plan is ridiculous anyway.

Shut the country down for 2 weeks. No one works or leaves the house.

Build a pressure dome around the country and forbid people to enter or leave.

Problem solved.

Comment

OH NO!!!

The Raptors did the same thing, only they are wording it differently.

Comment

OH NOES! NOW OUR PETS ARE IN DANGER!!

DES MOINES, Iowa — The swine flu virus has been confirmed in a cat treated at the Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine.

Officials said Wednesday it’s the first known case of the virus to be diagnosed in a cat. Veterinarians say the virus has also been confirmed in two ferrets.

The 13-year-old cat was treated and is recovering.

The veterinarian who treated the cat, Dr. Brett Sponseller, says two of the three people in the same house had flu-like symptoms before the cat became ill.

The case was confirmed at both Iowa State and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Sponseller says the flu is known to spread from humans to pets, but this is the first case of swine flu to spread to a cat.

Please, please, please, make it stop.

Comment

OMFG. I need to get my cat vaccinated now!!!

Where's that douche that fearmongered on H1N1 before? what was his name?

Comment

Eb has had the sniffles.

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                              The implementation was still poorly planned.
                              I'm sure its all Stephen Harper's fault.

Seriously though, none of the provinces did this remotely well. Part of it was they got sideswiped when the vaccine supply did not come through as they had been told but the rest of this sh**show is on the provincial governments
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

And hockey players jump to the front of the queue. Why is anyone surprised at this?
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X