X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Hi, have you met me?

If you want to ban me then feel free.
    *shrug* That seems like a silly choice, but it's yours to make.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Two reactions I had to this: WTF?!! and LMAO!!

My friend (a massive liberal) texted me and said if disliking Bush is the only qualification to get a Nobel Peace Prize, maybe I should nominate myself next time.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
        Insane.
        QFT. Still better than Arafat, though...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yes, he's better than Arafat.

I'm glad to see that you don't have to do anything to win the prize...
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I still don't believe this is for real. I'm going to go back to sleep and hopefully everything will be back to normal when I wake up...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by germanos View Post
              This is ridiculous. Perhaps AFTER he has managed to end the bloodshed in Iraq and Afghanistan in a couple of years he might be a good candidate.

How many bombs will this peace-laureate send over in the next four years?

The Nobel peace prize is a farce
              I said this yesterday on Civfanatics. It was awesome to read the news today.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Very few US presidents of the past fifty years are worthy of a peace prize. Maybe they should create a prize for stirring bull**** around the world through proxy wars, direct military intervention, and supporting despotic third world governments who help their interests. I'm sure a lot of presidents would be eligible for that prize.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                  This prize is just in time for Obama to send 60,000 add'l troops to Afghanistan.

si vis pacem, para bellum.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo View Post
                    This is obviously pretty absurd (meaning that it's in line with a large portion of Peace prizes), but I look forward to seeing the right go bat**** over this.
                    !
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

So far the response I've seen (from Rush and Beck, mainly) is firmly in line with Imran's.

In short,
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Obama's speech:

I am both surprised and deeply humbled by the decision of the Nobel Committee. Let me be clear: I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations.

To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire world through their courageous pursuit of peace.

But I also know that this prize reflects the kind of world that those men and women, and all Americans, want to build -- a world that gives life to the promise of our founding documents. And I know that throughout history, the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to a set of causes. And that is why I will accept this award as a call to action -- a call for all nations to confront the common challenges of the 21st century.

Very impressive. He managed to thread the needle between rejecting the prize and being an arrogant ass. He just disarmed any legitimate criticism he could get for accepting the prize.

Comment

Nine days, from his inaugeration to presidency to when his nomination was submitted. Nobel prize submissions have to be in by the 1st of February.

Man, when can I expect to get the nobel prize?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

My roommate said he would try to nominate me for next year.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Good speech though, and in all honesty worse people have been given it.

I just hope that there is a valid reason to in 8 years, and don't see why they couldn't wait (unless there isn't anyone more deserving this time).

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yes, I too hope he earns it some day. With something concrete anyway.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X