Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ZEE
    replied
    Originally posted by giblets View Post
    Do signatures still exist?
    you need to "activate" them again in your account profile settings somewhere. It is a small checkbox. No need to re-make them.

    This is the second time AAHZ has explained this. There will be no 3rd.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    By the way, posts older than the update no longer seem to appear in search, and sometimes when I try and take a big thread back that far using page guides it seems to stick on loading. Are old posts basically gone now, or is it just a transitional thing?

    Thanks for your hard work on the update by the way Aeson.
    The posts should all be there still. The search index may need to be rebuilt. (It was working for even the old "lost" posts earlier ... strange.)

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Do signatures still exist?

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    By the way, posts older than the update no longer seem to appear in search, and sometimes when I try and take a big thread back that far using page guides it seems to stick on loading. Are old posts basically gone now, or is it just a transitional thing?

    Thanks for your hard work on the update by the way Aeson.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    Forum feels a bit less sluggish for me now, but still not optimal. Is there hope ithe situation does improve further?

    However, I blame Google.
    I have tweaked some server settings that might have been at fault. Let me know if you notice any improvements/horrible side effects.

    Leave a comment:


  • Berzerker
    replied
    ty CW

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    anytime I click on a thread I'm directed to the 1st page

    how do I link to the last page from the OT page?

    and is there anyway we can view more threads on the OT page?

    thank you

    and welcome to the new year everyone
    There's a "Go to first new post" button in front of the thread and the go to last post button. Otherwise I don't see any link to the last page. I also didn't see a way to view more threads on the OT page. I'm sure Aeson will get right on these critical issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeBMan
    replied
    Forum feels a bit less sluggish for me now, but still not optimal. Is there hope ithe situation does improve further?

    However, I blame Google.

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

    I was subscribed, but I hadn't visited the thread after the forum swap so I don't see how that could happen. Unless I did and forgot
    I'm assuming I just clicked it by accident not being used to the new forum layout (and using mobile half asleep).

    Leave a comment:


  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    Ah! I think I'd accidentally subscribed to the thread! My bad..
    I was subscribed, but I hadn't visited the thread after the forum swap so I don't see how that could happen. Unless I did and forgot

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    interesting avatar

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Ah! I think I'd accidentally subscribed to the thread! My bad..

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Maybe loin can help us understand what is going on ...

    Leave a comment:


  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    I'm not sure why I got a notification saying Loin just replied to one of me posts here.
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Did you click on the notification? Did it take you anywhere? It may be a comment on one of your posts? Or a deleted response to one of your posts? Or he clicked quote on one of your posts, removed the quoted text, and then posted in reply to someone else?

    Or aliens ...
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post

    It brought me here to the Loin post above mine.
    Same here.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    How do you embed youtube videos now?
    You use the Post link button (looks like two chain links) to the upper left of the text box; put the page address for the video in the dialogue box, and the forum takes it from there.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X