Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    Considering the experience on a forum where I am mod, this may be the result of the order in which frames are loaded ...
    i.e. if the frames containing google ads are in loading order above the other frames, and the google ad is slowly loading,
    this may severely slow down the loading of the whoe forums page
    You don't even need to be a mod, even. Just look at what's going on in the lower-left corner of the window (in firefox, anyway).

    Leave a comment:


  • The Mad Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    The site is still horribly slow for me.
    Post more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Proteus_MST
    replied
    Considering the experience on a forum where I am mod, this may be the result of the order in which frames are loaded ...
    i.e. if the frames containing google ads are in loading order above the other frames, and the google ad is slowly loading,
    this may severely slow down the loading of the whoe forums page

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Sometimes it's a bit slow for me, but not sure if that's my connection or not. Sometimes the site is rather quick though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Broken_Erika
    replied
    Ditto

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    The site is still horribly slow for me.
    Same here.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeBMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

    Has Nike started promoting it's pro-hijab already?
    Do you even know what an ad blocker is?

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    The site is still horribly slow for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

    That will be true when they start trying to sell me guns.
    This will the next thing Google Ads is trying to selll you. After it sold you a wifey

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    I use an ad blocker to keep out Google's sharia propaganda
    Has Nike started promoting it's pro-hijab already?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    Google Ads knows what users wish for
    That will be true when they start trying to sell me guns.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I don't choose the ads directly. Google does, after analysing your soul and search engine history to find out what your weaknesses are and exploit them. I have tried to choose ads directly before and failed miserably each time due to having morals and ethics. So I hire out my exploitation and pretend it's different.
    So now you have $40 a month instead of a soul?

    Leave a comment:


  • BeBMan
    replied
    I use an ad blocker to keep out Google's sharia propaganda

    Leave a comment:


  • Proteus_MST
    replied
    Google Ads knows what users wish for

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    I don't choose the ads directly. Google does, after analysing your soul and search engine history to find out what your weaknesses are and exploit them. I have tried to choose ads directly before and failed miserably each time due to having morals and ethics. So I hire out my exploitation and pretend it's different.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X