Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When has this thread EVER been about moderation? I genuinely thought the Serious tag was meant to be ironic.

Comment

• I believed it, Ken, but I think bracketed tags are hella-stupid -I've seen it tried often, but never saw it work- and since it wasn't being enforced...
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Well... I'm going to start enforcing it by simply removing any new irrelevant posts.
        There are more than enough threads that people can crap in
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          When has this thread EVER been about moderation? I genuinely thought the Serious tag was meant to be ironic.
          I thought this thread was for the following purposes:

1. bashing the moderators
          2. arguing with mods
          3. criticising mods

Yes ken, this thread is about mods.

Sex is therefore off topic for this thread.

Comment

• HI GIBLETS...

I guess you missed my earlier post...
            "Well... I'm going to start enforcing it by simply removing any new irrelevant posts.
            There are more than enough threads that people can crap in "

I thought this approach was simply better than deleting your post.
            Last edited by Ming; August 25, 2016, 11:15.

Comment

• If we include in the title of a thread BEN FREE can it be enforced?
              I have no problem not posting in a thread if it's labeled RAH FREE.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Wouldn't that constitute a club thread?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Can we make all threads BEN FREE by default?

Comment

• I don't think we need to go quite that far.
                    But there should be a way that you can start a thread and be reasonably sure that it won't turn into an anti-catholic anti-abortion or whatever ben thread.
                    There's enough threads for him to do that in, and there seems to be a growing desire for people to have threads where it doesn't happen.

If he wants to start threads that are RAH free. I have no problems complying as long as I'm not the specific subject of the thread.

He should be able to agree to the same.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's an election thread. Comments RE Hillary and the Catholic church should be fair game given her massive gaffe. I'm happy to confine myself to her comments, etc.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        It's an election thread. Comments RE Hillary and the Catholic church should be fair game given her massive gaffe. I'm happy to confine myself to her comments, etc.
                        IF you had confined yourself to her comments (and you still haven't proven she said what you claimed she did), it would have been ok... but instead, you tried bringing up all the other BS that people are tired of... trying to turn the thread into the same old arguments that EVERYBODY is sick of. Your personal claims how you are the only real Christian and that nobody else is... You know... crap like this.

Personally, you're ok with it because you believe that gay marriage is right. Why don't you leave?

Ming was baptized into the Catholic church as a baby. At some point, as a Catholic, he decided that he didn't want to follow the Church. The Church, since he's publicly stating that he disagrees with Church teachings actually has the right to deny him communion. That's how it works.

Yes, we have an obligation to teach the faith to those who don't know better. Ming *was* taught the faith. He's had it his whole life and still believes that the Church is wrong.

And.. we're ok with kicking people out who deliberately state they reject what the Church teaches and want her to change. It's not about accommodating them, it's about saving souls. We don't gain if we condemn other folks to hell by changing our teachings. That is what is at stake. Ming doesn't believe that homosexuality is a sin. That's one thing, publicly going out and saying, "I'm a Catholic. I believe the church is wrong and that homosexuality isn't a sin." Euhm, by canon law he could get kicked out because of that right there.

If you don't like the rules, why stay? Why change the institution in your own image, rather than leaving and going somewhere that actually does believe what you do. You'll be happier and we'll be happier. Everyone wins.

Why do you stay if you believe that the Church *must* change her teaching that homosexuality is a sin?
                        Just to name a few... this has nothing to do with the election... If you want a religious thread, start one... that way, people can see what it is and stay away from it, instead of finding your lame crap in an election thread.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Great, but it didn't answer my question.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• man, if only we had a feature on this forum where we could put people on a list, and the forum would hide their poasts.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• If it could be done thread by thread, yeah. But I find his trolling in the sports forum entertaining sometimes. Of course sometimes it just his stupidity and not a troll and those are even more entertaining.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just to name a few... this has nothing to do with the election... If you want a religious thread, start one... that way, people can see what it is and stay away from it, instead of finding your lame crap in an election thread.
                                Right. Glad to know you can't criticize Hillary here!
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X