This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I want to start a thread but I don't want to be called a racist, or a bigot in it for addressing the issue presented. I also don't want anyone who addresses the issue to be called that either. The thread will be "Which is the stupidest ______ Lives Matter slogan."
    Don't even attempt to start yet another racist thread.
    Because the next racist thread you start will by your last, because you won't be posting after that.

And whine all you want... the interpretation on whether a thread you start is racist or not is in our hands, not yours.
    So tread carefully if you wish to continue posting here. That's one of the advantages of a private site. And if you don't like it... tough. Your problem, not ours.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I am outraged by I made a joke post about ice cream but Ming ninja'd me with something serious and now I'm embarrassed and demand Mad Monk be banned for it after this post is deleted.

Sorry Ming; go ahead.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Don't even attempt to start yet another racist thread.
        Because the next racist thread you start will by your last, because you won't be posting after that.

And whine all you want... the interpretation on whether a thread you start is racist or not is in our hands, not yours.
        So tread carefully if you wish to continue posting here. That's one of the advantages of a private site. And if you don't like it... tough. Your problem, not ours.
        This post wouldn't be half crazy if I had ever posted anything racist here you bigot,
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

This post wouldn't be half crazy if I had ever posted anything racist here you bigot,
          Gee... just about one more post away from getting banned.
          Have a nice day.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• What a maroon.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I would rather be banned by a robot.

Comment

I would rather be banned by a robot.
                I don't give a **** on how you get banned.
                All I know is that you are really close to it so it probably won't be too long based on your track record.
                Have a nice day.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

I don't give a **** on how you get banned.
                  All I know is that you are really close to it so it probably won't be too long based on your track record.
                  Have a nice day.
                  This is to be expected based on everything that you've said in the "Reverse Racism Effect" thread.

Comment

• And your future and likely banning is to be expected based on all the racist and bigoted comments you post.
                    Have a nice day.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

And your future and likely banning is to be expected based on all the racist and bigoted comments you post.
                      Have a nice day.
                      If you ban me it will be because you're a 599th degree idiot.

Comment

• No... If I ban you it will because you are a bigot and racist.

But feel free to think whatever you want. And everybody here can think what they want about you.

But the best part is, it doesn't really matter what you think...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Doesn't matter what you think. You obviously think I'm going to be intimidated by a ******. Not happening,

Comment

• Are we allowed to use the [serious] tag in any thread where we don't want insults being thrown around indiscriminately, or are there some other criteria that the thread must satisfy in order to be [serious] and if so what are they?

I asked this question a year or two ago and was told that there are additional criteria for [serious] threads (I forget if it was ever explained what these were), but given that things have degenerated quite badly since then I was wondering if the [serious] rule could be given a broader scope. My ideal forum is one where I can start a thread about something inane and/or puerile without anybody ****ting on it (as long as I don't do something egregious like MrFun-bump the thread after it was mercifully ignored, in which case I ought to be banned for a week and the offending thread closed/deleted), whereas in the current forum climate insults are even allowed in [serious] threads such as this one.
                            Last edited by loinburger; July 11, 2016, 16:28.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• The serious tag on this thread was lost long ago. I was even considering closing this thread and starting part 3 and enforcing the serious tag in the new thread.
                              This thread hasn't served the purpose of it's title for a long time.

As far as I'm concerned, a serious tag is meant to avoid spamming (or ****ting on as you might call it) and to keep insults down to a minimum. Heated discussion is ok, but not the massive BS where it is simply insults (like Kid likes to do when he has nothing important to say or just is generally trolling) I see adding the serious tag as more of an intent to keep a discussion serious and on topic. I'm not sure if there are any other ACTUAL RULES... but to me, it comes down to the intent of the poster. Is the person simply being an ass or being disruptive, or is it just a natural flow of a reasonable discussion.

So feel free to start adding serious tags to threads. However, a mod or admin may disagree with the thread starter that the thread topic is worth a serious tag and remove it or shut it down. It was a long time ago when the serious tag started, and I remember people adding it to troll threads and silly threads.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• For a long time this was the single most fun thread of the entire forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X