This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    Did you see the posts in question from yesterday?
    I guess not? You must have deleted them.

Comment

• Okay, you lost me. How does that analogy apply here?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• wait a minute - a real debate broke out on this "serious" thread
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• 1. Someone needs to describe the DFG posts that finally got that racist idiot banned so I can understand what the threshold is. Must have been pretty terrible, given the past remarks he's made that didn't merit a banning.

2. Sloww is little better than DFG with his regular racism, and his homophobic insult of MrFun in this thread was totally uncalled for. I think a message needs to be sent to him as well if he chooses not to change his behavior and act like a decent human being.
          I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Nevermind; I found the thread that got DFG banned. Dude...
            I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

• Yup. **** got real.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Although accurate. Asher, for instance, has a life outside his sexual preference. Mr Fun doesn't. That's all he is or has in life. Along that train of thought, it would never occur to me to call Asher by that term, because he's not. Mr Fun is.
                It's completely irrelevant how any person chooses to live their life, or what issues they focus on here. It's still not ok to use derogatory language like that to describe him.

It's not ok for anyone to define how gay it's acceptable for someone to act, and then bully them with abusive language if they cross that line.

IIRC at one point Asher posted here that he didn't discuss his sexuality at work, this might have changed, but it was in case it caused him any issues. I see this as an example of how people can be forced to hide who the are for fear of negative consequences. I see the kind of justification of abuse that you are using here as part of that problem.

I don't accept the "he was asking for it" argument either. I think it's perfectly reasonable for posters here to post robust challenges to instances of homophibia, racism, sexism or any other kind of discriminatory language.

I hope you take this post in the manner it was intended as a constructive attempt to engage on an emotive topic, to try and prevent any escalation.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• DFG's posts were here :

Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Good post MikeH ... maybe they should consider making you a mod

Comment

• The difference is that BK's hatred is thinly veiled, which is better.
                      Is it hatred towards an alcoholic by insisting that they will be better off by leaving the bottle behind?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Helping someone who is sick is a good thing.

Persecuting someone who is perfectly healthy and normal and trying to tell them that something about them is wrong, a sickness or that they need help to be 'fixed' is absolutely unacceptable.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          It's completely irrelevant how any person chooses to live their life, or what issues they focus on here. It's still not ok to use derogatory language like that to describe him.

It's not ok for anyone to define how gay it's acceptable for someone to act, and then bully them with abusive language if they cross that line.

IIRC at one point Asher posted here that he didn't discuss his sexuality at work, this might have changed, but it was in case it caused him any issues. I see this as an example of how people can be forced to hide who the are for fear of negative consequences. I see the kind of justification of abuse that you are using here as part of that problem.

I don't accept the "he was asking for it" argument either. I think it's perfectly reasonable for posters here to post robust challenges to instances of homophibia, racism, sexism or any other kind of discriminatory language.

I hope you take this post in the manner it was intended as a constructive attempt to engage on an emotive topic, to try and prevent any escalation.
                          I don't discuss my sexuality at work either. I'm not hiding from anyone, it just isn't the appropriate place.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I phrased it terribly.

I don't talk about my sexuality but I can freely mention I've got a wife...

1/5 of my company is openly gay, so it's normal.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• I have no idea what portion of my firm is. We aren't openly anything.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• My firm is proportionately 40% of me, nudge nudge, wink wink, if ya know what I mean.

I mean my penis is huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X