This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    I don't know where the first one was (it was awhile ago). The second one is in the Catholics thread.

Ben post 229.

Here is the proof it is a lie.

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/show...from-this-site
    You do know bans doesn't last forever, right?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• You do know bans doesn't last forever, right?
      Why bring facts into it? Hey, Wezil thought he was permabanned, maybe WPC should meet his expectations.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Wezil, why did you think you were permabanned?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Ben: If your contention is that Wezil has previously been banned but isn't currently banned please try and make that a bit more explicit and give him some evidence, that way we can put this all to bed. If he didn't visit there for a long period of time it's possible he had no idea he was banned but your smug allusions to such things aren't helpful in any way.
          I'll be happy to do so if Wezil apologizes and retracts his statement accusing me of being a kiddy fiddler.

Once again you've provoked a generally mild mannered member of the forum into such a rage that they have demanded your banning.
          Yeah, I see that. Apparently, he's so 'mild-mannered' towards me that he calls me a kiddy-fiddler. See, I have an issue with that, and I think my complaint about his unseemly behaviour is very warranted.

If the moderators simply stated that they weren't going to tolerate this nonsense, it would be ended. So, it's up to you.

I have an order of magnitude more complaints about you than any other poster.
          How many complaints have I filed in all my time here?

In my time as Moderator I have more complaints about you than all other posters combined.
          What you've basically taught the posters here is that if they complain about me enough, then you'll ban me. I believe they call that 'positive reinforcement'.

So, you'll continue to get a sea of complaints unless you:

1, permaban me,
          2, explain to people that just because they have a complaint about a member doesn't make said complaint valid.

You should consider that we thought we were relatively lenient
          Of course you thought you were relatively lenient. You usually hand out six month bans like candy.

there is a general view amongst the Off Topic moderators (and posters I think) that the forum was a nicer place to be when you weren't here continually disrupting it.
          Well, seeing as calling other people pedophiles, isn't considered 'disruption', then I have to ask the question, what exactly do the moderators here consider 'disruption?'

Making a post here that other people complain about?

You certainly shouldn't see it as having a free hand to sneer at and taunt Wezil.
          Have him apologize to me for calling me a pedophile, and I'll do the same. He was the one who called me a pedophile before I said anything about him.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Wezil: The main issue here is that I don't have the time to deal with every accusation of lying on this forum. We don't have the resources to investigate and judge them.
            It'd be hundreds of posts a week and it's just not possible. I also don't want to go down the old route of "ban them all!" I don't think that does anything except provoke hundreds of posts of complaint about unfair bannings.

I also don't want to start a culture that means all people have to do is wait for someone to post something they misremember so they can accuse them of lying to try and provoke aban.
            Good to know that MikeH had absolutely nothing to say about Wezil calling me a kiddy fiddler. And Jon said, 'he's not interested in policing that', so I guess we're done here then.

Calling people pedophiles = ok, go right ahead.

Making a true statement that a poster was banned for his conduct elsewhere = bad.

So what other rules do I have to learn here? I think this one is *very* clear.

Oh, plus I should report EVERY post that I find offensive here. Then maybe MikeH will listen.

Comment

• Calling people pedophiles is not OK, I just am not interested in policing slanders unless it becomes a problem.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Good to know that MikeH had absolutely nothing to say about Wezil calling me a kiddy fiddler.
                I had already addressed that.

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Claiming someone is a kiddy fiddler is potentially quite serious and disproportionate as a response.
                And in a tactic typical of you he didn't actually accuse you of that, he asked you if the accusations were true.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

So, you'll continue to get a sea of complaints unless you:

1, permaban me,
                  Thanks for the help.

As I expected you read everything I said, but understood none of it.

In this thread I started off saying I didn't think Wezil had anything worth complaining about and I wasn't really interested in it, and that potentially his response was more serious than whatever you may or may not have done.

But now you've managed to really annoy me, again. And I've been forced into reading another thread full of your homophobic posts. Your better course of action would have been just to not say anything when I was supporting you at the beginning.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post

Ben: If your contention is that Wezil has previously been banned but isn't currently banned please try and make that a bit more explicit and give him some evidence, that way we can put this all to bed. If he didn't visit there for a long period of time it's possible he had no idea he was banned but your smug allusions to such things aren't helpful in any way.
                    This is apparently what happened although I am having trouble getting anyone in authority at WPC to actually respond to the questions.

Ben showed up at WPC at the time of his Poly ban and started doing there what he does here. I called him on his **** which doesn't go over at all well at WPC. Lancer (yes Lancer folks, my good old buddy) banned me for a whole WEEK after I stopped posting...
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I'll be happy to do so if Wezil apologizes and retracts his statement accusing me of being a kiddy fiddler.
                      Ben, I will apologise for accusing you of lying (in this case). It would seem I was banned for one week after I left the site by my good buddy Lancer. I was unaware of this discipline as no one deemed it necessary to actually inform the person being banned and I hadn't returned to the site until you made the claim. When I returned all was fine with my posting privileges and I had no unread messages in the mailbox. I can't blame you for their ****ups.

Have him apologize to me for calling me a pedophile, and I'll do the same. He was the one who called me a pedophile before I said anything about him.
                      I asked about a rumour that's going around.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Mike,

I will offer a sincere apology to you. I realise getting dragged into Ben **** is troubling (hence my original concerns over what was to me an unfounded claim).

The roots of the misunderstanding rest with a site (WPC) that can't even ban people properly.

I'm sorry.

Comment

• Thanks.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• A Poly issue... resolved?
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ben, I will apologise for accusing you of lying (in this case). It would seem I was banned for one week after I left the site by my good buddy Lancer. I was unaware of this discipline as no one deemed it necessary to actually inform the person being banned and I hadn't returned to the site until you made the claim. When I returned all was fine with my posting privileges and I had no unread messages in the mailbox. I can't blame you for their ****ups.
                              They didn't inform you? Odd. That bites. I thought for sure they would have done so.

Are you going to apologize for calling me a kiddy fiddler?

Comment

• In this thread I started off saying I didn't think Wezil had anything worth complaining about and I wasn't really interested in it, and that potentially his response was more serious than whatever you may or may not have done.

But now you've managed to really annoy me, again. And I've been forced into reading another thread full of your homophobic posts. Your better course of action would have been just to not say anything when I was supporting you at the beginning.
                                Was Wezil who raised the complaint, not me.

Comment

Working...
                                X