This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    This is prima facie false given that I have converted. If I didn't accept correction from anyone I would not have converted.
    You say you have converted. You haven't changed though, except what you claim. You're still a bigot, liar, and hypocrite ... only maybe a bit worse of one.

We've yet to establish precisely what you consider sin aside from confronting others of their own. Which again, strikes me as a rather self-serving defintion of sin.
    I gave you several other examples earlier in the thread.

Given that you started this conversation with saying, "you're a bad, bad Christian", I fail to see how I'm casting stones. Perhaps you should holster yours?
    No, I started this discussion between us by simply clarifying what Molly had said. You responded with a derogatory insinuation about my relationship with Net. No one asked you, no one mentioned my relationship with Net previous. It had nothing to do with what Molly said. You just took it upon yourself to jump right into assuming a falsehood to make a derogatory insinuation about the relationship.

So perhaps you should rethink your statement that initiated this whole conversation? You did not qualify your statement.
    It goes without saying that my observations of you are wholly based on the interaction we've had. since that interaction is entirely on message boards on the internet, that is obviously the context of my statements. I neither know, nor care, what type of person you are in other venues. I'm not like you, I don't try to drag your personal life into every debate simply to make derogatory aspersions against the people in your life.

View what as something wrong? A marriage to Net? Absolutely not. What I consider wrong is your initial statement, "I am a better Christian", despite your lack of faith.
    Obviously you don't view lying as wrong. Or attacking people who aren't here to defend themselves. Or doing both at the same time.

That you behave that way shows what a horrid person (and Christian) you are more than anything I could say.

Did I criticize you then? No, I did not. What I criticize is you then turning around and attacking Christians. If you want to be apart from God - then fine - that is your choice and your decision. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Your complaints about Christian ill behavior fall on deaf ears. You simply don't have any credibility because of the decisions you have made and the past statements you have made to remove yourself from Christianity.
    I'm not worried about your criticism of me. The insinuations you cast on Net though clearly show what a horrid person you are and your ignorant claims in that regard definitely deserve to be refuted.

Want me to listen to your complaints? Become a Christian. Don't like those terms? Too bad.
    You don't listen to any of the Christians complaints about your behavior either. You're just promoting another falsehood here.

You earlier accused me of attacking your relationship with Net after I merely commented that I thought she was your wife. I'm glad to see you've conceded there was never an attack intended on you or Net.
    You're clearly being derogatory of the nature of the relationship. You brought up "uneven yoke" and made insinuations about "premarital sex". Both insinuations that are solely based on your own ignorance of the actual nature of the relationship. But you don't care about reality, all you care about is creating a lie to try to smear the reputation of an innocent person.

Wholly ignorant of what Christ teaches or your relationship?
    The relationship. Though you are ignorant about what Christ teaches too.

Comment

• can you guys post a thread, or book a room

this thread used to be light and fun
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• When?
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• He's right. This used to be the best thread on the forum.

Comment

• When?
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• About 10-20 pages back IIRC.

Comment

• Aeson:

Create another thread.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  can you guys post a thread, or book a room

this thread used to be light and fun
                  But. But. This is a [serious] thread!
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Right. This entails believing that significant portions of what you taught and believe were in actuality, wrong.
                    You've had many of your statements or beliefs about history corrected and have chosen to disregard the corrections on the implausible grounds that today's Church Of England is the same as Edward VI's Tudor Church Militant or that a Catholic source supposedly could not be found to provide undoubted proof that you were wrong.

I've twice provided information from the Catholic Encyclopaedia that (i) the figures for deaths of Protestant 'heretics' under Mary Tudor numbered nearly 300

and (ii) Ukrainian & Ruthenian were/are interchangeable.

Your response was more blather, and not the proper humble Christian response of accepting correction gracefully. Pride, as I reminded you, is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and comes before a fall too.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      When?
                      Whenever I posted you ninny
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Wow. I haven't been here for a week. Not sure I can force myself to read 100 posts which I presume is Ben trying to justify why he's not going to listen to me. Is there anything else in here that I actually should read?
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            Is there anything else in here that I actually should read?
                            You seem to be lost ... this is Apolyton.

Comment

Wow. I haven't been here for a week. Not sure I can force myself to read 100 posts which I presume is Ben trying to justify why he's not going to listen to me. Is there anything else in here that I actually should read?
                              That was not the topic. The topic soon became my-epenis-is-bigger-than-yours.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Wow. I haven't been here for a week. Not sure I can force myself to read 100 posts which I presume is Ben trying to justify why he's not going to listen to me. Is there anything else in here that I actually should read?
                                Yeah, Ben had a moment of clarity and asked that him and Aeson be immediately banned, and all record of their existence wiped from the internet. I tried to argue but he made a very strong case and I think we may as well just give in to his superior argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X