Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm saying I don't know or care what happened on another forum. I have no way to verify who is lying and absolutely no interest in finding out.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      However, my view would be that someone claiming someone was banned at some near deserted internet forum or other is so extremely trivial that the only action required is to say "no I wasn't".
      There is the problem. I don't want to engage the ******* you guys refuse to ban but if I don't engage him he is free to spread lies about me unchallenged. Slander. Look it up.

Especially when the accuser is someone who has such a terrible reputation for honesty.

All the more reason to BAN HIM ALREADY.

That's the kind of nonsense that Asher used to cause a massive fuss about and my view was always "who cares, get a life".

Asher enjoys "debating" with Ben. I don't.

Claiming someone is a kiddy fiddler is potentially quite serious and disproportionate as a response.
      I asked if the rumour was true.

But I haven't seen the context yet, from what's posted in here sounds like nothing needs doing.
      Nero.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• It is my understand that he wasn't posting lies about you unchallenged because you were challenging them?
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• I still have no idea what the posts are BTW.

Report them or link them in here. I read a very, very tiny fraction of what is posted here.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• So that is your slander policy then? It doesn't count if the recipient complains and objects?

Nice.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I don't know where the first one was (it was awhile ago). The second one is in the Catholics thread.

Ben post 229.

Here is the proof it is a lie.

Comment

• Admin here is pretty laissez-faire, you know. BK was only banned last time because what he said constituted assault or some such. And compared to the far more offensive and outrageous lies he regularly indulges in, falsely claiming you were barred from the pandarast site is nothing. Even if this were a standalone incident, it'd be nothing.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• You miss the point.

Ben can go on about Stalin and Churchill signing the Treaty of Versailles until the alter boys come home but when he starts talking about me the issue changes.

Comment

• I don't see why. To use a personal example, about six months ago Kid repeatedly claimed I'd admitted to being a habitual liar or something like that. He wouldn't retract it or make any effort to back it up, culminating in the ridiculous giraffe incident where I turned the tables somewhat. In the end, though, I just put him on ignore and forgot about it. The lies of the deranged are meaningless, especially if nobody believes them. And in your case, if anybody did believe them it wouldn't matter. You want to claim I was banned from WPC? Go right ahead.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• There is the problem. I don't want to engage the ******* you guys refuse to ban but if I don't engage him he is free to spread lies about me unchallenged. Slander. Look it up.
                      If he was doing this at WPC or another site that shares posters with this one, would you ask them to ban him, too?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Obviously he would, after calling a me a kiddy fiddler on his way out. Seriously. Wezil needs to open his own eyes here.

He's telling us that it's a negative to get banned from WPC? Seriously? After all the times that site has been trashed.

What I do know is that Wezil would never stand for what he willfully dishes out. That much is clear.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I have no interest in policing childish slanders.

If it becomes a problem (negatively impacts real life), we will do something, if necessary.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Wezil: The main issue here is that I don't have the time to deal with every accusation of lying on this forum. We don't have the resources to investigate and judge them. It'd be hundreds of posts a week and it's just not possible. I also don't want to go down the old route of "ban them all!" I don't think that does anything except provoke hundreds of posts of complaint about unfair bannings.

I also don't want to start a culture that means all people have to do is wait for someone to post something they misremember so they can accuse them of lying to try and provoke aban.

Ben: If your contention is that Wezil has previously been banned but isn't currently banned please try and make that a bit more explicit and give him some evidence, that way we can put this all to bed. If he didn't visit there for a long period of time it's possible he had no idea he was banned but your smug allusions to such things aren't helpful in any way.

FYI This is yet another example of the types of persistent complaints we were getting about you that led up to your previous banning. I'm sure your view on your behaviour here will be that you haven't done anything wrong. Once again you've provoked a generally mild mannered member of the forum into such a rage that they have demanded your banning.

This happens very frequently. I have an order of magnitude more complaints about you than any other poster. In my time as Moderator I have more complaints about you than all other posters combined.

You should consider that we thought we were relatively lenient last time, there is a general view amongst the Off Topic moderators (and posters I think) that the forum was a nicer place to be when you weren't here continually disrupting it.

I may not think you have done anything banworthy in this case, that doesn't mean I'm giving my blanket approval of your behaviour. You certainly shouldn't see it as having a free hand to sneer at and taunt Wezil.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              I have no interest in policing childish slanders.

If it becomes a problem (negatively impacts real life), we will do something, if necessary.

JM
                              Well said.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Apolyton isn't real life?
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X