Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with (private) religious discrimination/prejudice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    a) That's what I just said.

b) for normalization, fine. 400 >> 260? Plus note that 1 to 9 is more than 3 doublings

c) outside a low number for 1-4 employees, the rest of the payroll distrib conforms approx to 1/N (every doubling contains same number of dollars)
    a.) I thought that's what you mean by "I assigned them to small biz out of charity." n.b. I was taking the Ben[-lite] position here, arguing that your number was a clear lower bound.

b.) >> is context specific. A difference of > 50% implies a large deviation from linearity (your objection about irregularities at at the beginning of the distribution aside).

c.) Yeah, 1/N looks about right.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Edit, and Imran already slapped you down on that MikeH.
      I what?

Is this the part where you try to garner support by twisting other people's posts?

All I "slapped" MikeH down on is him saying that SCOTUS could expand Title VII restrictions to everyone, as Title VII is purely statutory based on powers given to Congress by the Constitution (not amendments mandating statutes).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I thought Christians wanted to be discriminated against and oppressed on account of their faith.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo View Post
          b.) >> is context specific. A difference of > 50% implies a large deviation from linearity (your objection about irregularities at at the beginning of the distribution aside).
          That non-linearity is only manifested over a much longer logarithmic range than 10-14 vs 15-19
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Either way, as I said: I'd be willing to bet that my crude linear estimator reduced the error on my figure by more than 70%
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

All I "slapped" MikeH down on is him saying that SCOTUS could expand Title VII restrictions to everyone, as Title VII is purely statutory based on powers given to Congress by the Constitution (not amendments mandating statutes).
              Yep, that's what I was referring to.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Is ben still posting reasons why he isn't a ****wit, despite all evidence to the contrary?
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                  Is ben still posting reasons why he isn't a ****wit, despite all evidence to the contrary?
                  Seriously wtf do you care?

WHY THE **** DOES ANYONE CARE?!?! Aren't you guys bored by this yet? Its the same little silly dance over and over and over again. I've been here for 5+ years and its always the same.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Then go away.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Personally, I love drama. I love creating it. I love watching it. I especially love drama where I get to call other people idiots and poop all over them.

Poly is perfect for me
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        Then go away.
                        I know, its crazy. I could go away but I don't why? Is is the diplo gaming? Is it some sick sense of loyalty?

Ok its not that bad. The WW2 thread is fun. I guess I just got an overdose of Ben and his enablers a min ago its passed. But seriusly guys there are better and more entertaining trolls than Ben.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Thinking about how much I love drama I almost pulled Ben back off ignore just now. I came back to my senses, thankfully.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            Personally, I love drama. I love creating it. I love watching it. I especially love drama where I get to call other people idiots and poop all over them.

Poly is perfect for me
                            Of course it is since it consists of:

Your circle yerk group
                            People just dumb enough to criticze
                            People soo dumb its fun to bait
                            People too dumb & boring to criticze

I sometimes wonder how many DL's you have... how many real posters does poly even have? I sometimes feel like everyone else here is a DL of some really really ****ed up dude.

Comment

• Excuse me I need to take my meds now.

Comment

• Nobody here but me and thee...and I have my doubts about thee...
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X